CertainTeed offers free online courses.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Good Morning,

CertainTeed has two brand new on-line courses ready for your review. They are "Building Material Basics: Vinyl 101" a course that was developed with The Vinyl Institute and also "Acoustics: Noise Control". Both have been granted 1 contact hour by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and both are accepted by the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI). You can view both courses at www.certainteed.com/continuinged They are currently running as "pilots" on our site. I look forward to hearing back from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Judi Ann Moore
CertainTeed Corporation
Building Solutions Group
Phone: 610-341-7953
Fax: 610-341-7965
email address: judi.a.moore@saint-gobain.com

Originally Posted By: jpope

Nick,

These are great courses. Excellent for Continuing Ed. My weakness is still in "windows" as evident by a score of 64% ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif)

I'm sure I will eventually take (and pass) all of the offered courses.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all

The Certainteed courses are a terrific resourceas part of our continuing Ed requirements, indeed if a member was to do all their courses that would effectively meet the 14 hour requirement that we have.
All at no cost, in your own home, at your own pace. What more could you want ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I’ve taken a couple of these courses.

I find them very interesting and eductional.

CertainTeed Master "Wizard" Shingle Applicator
The Attic, Three Components, One System.

I like the detail and explanations provided, in additon to the FREE at your own pace. Complete with the Certificate.

BUT, Why is NACHI not automatically accepted. We're kind of listed as an "also ran" at the bottom of the web site association listing. And it doesn't appear that credits are "automatically submitted to the corresponding affiliation" if it's NACHI.

Perhaps our education chair needs to work on equal treatment. I think this is probably the status quo just because they weren't really aware of us and once they receive the appropriate information, we'll achieve equal status with the other organizations listed.

Take them, they are worth it.

Good Luck.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Erby:

I think we have nice presence on CertainTeed's site. We get a whole sentence dedicated to NACHI and we are included at the bottom with the other associations.

We aren't included in their CEU chart because we use an hourly system. I'm exploiting our different COE system to get us differentiated when mentioned.

Nick

Originally Posted By: cmejia

Deleted