Chain Downspout?

Bert, I’m not here for your approval. Its amazing to meet somebody that has such a vast knowledge of building practices around the country.

Hey Bert, Just FYI - chains definitely are “super common” in some areas. My area is one of them. See them just about daily here. High end, production grade, doesn’t matter. For some reason, people around here seem to like them.

1 Like

Brent, what area are you in? I have heard of them in the past but have never seen them here in NE Ohio

I’m in Meridian, Idaho - Near Boise.

Thanks Brent. It is always interesting to see what may be normal in some parts of the US and almost unheard of in others!

1 Like

I’ve seem them. It just mostly ornamental.

You’re welcome Joseph, I agree. That’s one of the cool things about this board is we get to see new or different stuff all the time.

I do agree with what Bert said though, these chain systems cause more problems. I call them out all the time for clogging the gutter systems, pulling the systems off the fascia, not diverting the water away from foundation or other slabs, etc. In the winter time around here they become a big heavy icicle, looks cool but man…

1 Like