Check List

Originally Posted By: roconnor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Try www.reporthost.com … they also seem to have a pretty good deal on online reports and a special for NACHI members too … icon_wink.gif

Robert O’Connor, PE

Eagle Engineering ?

Eagle Eye Inspections ?

NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: LJ Johnson

I come from a real strong construction background. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t know till I went to a HI school. But you’re right they aren’t the holy grail - but I’m sure glad I went.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

We sell a couple of different check list reports…

http://www.homeinspectorstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=GI-BOOK02

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Todd:

Quote:
Kevin,
Geez you are really offended by those 7 day folks . I will say this You can't learn everything in 7 days nor can you learn it in 10 years of college just ask Joe Tedesco he has been in the Sparky biz. for 1.5 million years and I bet he will tell you he learns something new every day. Ok sorry Joe 50 years.

You got that right, and yes I do learn from others, and sometimes find that they learn from me too. I started in the trade at 13 years old, so your estimate of my experience is exact!

I will ask those who are expressing their personal feelings here to think about what they said today (20-30 years from now) you might find that you should have kept your mouth shut and listened more, at least that's the way I feel because when I was just starting out I thought I had all of the answers, and as time passes I learned from those with whom I came into contact with at classes that I have attended and at those I have taught.

If someone like me wanted to attend a Home Inspector's school (including electrical) which one would be best? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: tallen

I could not say which is the best ,but if you plan on doing home inspections I would suggest you take a class on that particular subject.

All school is good school.

If I go to bed at night and have learned nothing that day then I have wasted my day.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

Kevin:

I understand your point. I have never been to HI school and spend a good deal of time working as an expert witness where I come in behind a home inspector school trained inspector to point out the defects in a home that he missed. Most of these cases exist because the home inspector school trained inspector was driving a forklift or taxi prior to deciding to enter the HI business.

In a recent case, the HI school trained inspector completed his inspection and delivered his report which stated that the house had no major defects and few if any minor ones. The buyer purchased the home and after 2 months started seeing problems i.e. water damaged ceilings, drywall, carpets lights that flicker every time you turn on a switch etc. The buyer then contacted the Realtor and inspector and requested that they pay for her damages. After being stonewalled by the Realtor and the inspector referred by the Realtor the buyer contacted me and asked me to do a home inspection without showing me the other inspectors report. I found 27 major deficiencies, 15 of which were building code violations from when the house was constructed 6 years ago.

The buyer is now using my report and testimony to bring suit against the Realtor, inspector and builder for fraudulently presenting the home as sound with no major defects.

The moral of the story is, If you hire an inspector who has as his only credentials a one or two week HI course certificate you are asking for things to be missed during the inspection.

Regards,

--
Russell G. Cloyd
Intra-Spec Home Inspections
& Code Consulting, LLC
859-586-4591
www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: mthomas

Todd so true. The more I learn, the less I know.

PS. Thanks for the help on the FP panel.