advice

Originally Posted By: Tony Creonte
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have been looking at a business in the Home inspection field.

However, I hear people more and more say that they are waiving home inspections when buying a house. Is this type of thinking having an impact on the home inspection industry? Also I’m looking at 2 different schools in Virginia–AHIT and ITA. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on other schools in Virginia?

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

Originally Posted By: psabados

Quote:
However, I hear people more and more say that they are waiving home inspections when buying a house.

I think if you research, that the opposite is still occurring. Even more parties purchasing new homes are having phase inspections performed.

One word of caution, be prepared to work and work hard.

Paul

Originally Posted By: pdacey

psabados wrote:
... be prepared to work and work hard.

Amen to that. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Just read an article about 10 mins ago that stated that 92% of home buyers use a home inspector. Came off a real estate website not a home inspectors website.

Originally Posted By: dedwards

I also just got a call from a Realtor who had a listing I did a home inspection on after Hurricane Ivan. She wants me to inspect a home for herself. More realtors are beginning to know the value of an inspection.

Originally Posted By: Tony Creonte

All,

Thanks for the feedback. The comment concerning work and work hard, was that in refernce to the volume of of work??

I’m currently in the Navy and am retiring next year so I’m looking for some ideas/recommendations with reguard to web sites that may provide some insight on what the start up cost my be i.e. tools needed, paperwork, insurances etc…

Also I’m looking at ITA’s enhanced course any thoughts?? Would you recommend purchasing the business start up package they offer??

Tony

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Tony,

First and foremost, THANK YOU for serving our country. Your dedication has made our great country even better.

If you visit every catagory on this message board you will find a tremendous amount of information. Get yourself a lawyer, an accountant, and a good sense of humor.

Best of Luck!!

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member