Chicago Chapter meeting coming up.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dear Illinois Home Inspector:

Please attend the next meeting of the Chicago Chapter of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) on Friday, July 15th at 6pm. This educational meeting is open to all. You don?t need to be a member to attend. Come hungry, dress casual, bring your spouses. Everyone is welcome. $25 for dinner. Guest Speakers:

John Saigh, People's Energy, on:
Inspecting gas furnaces.

Mike Galasinski, Arrow Masonry, on:
Inspecting split block, tuck pointing, etc.

Lorne Steiner, CEO of Porter Valley Software and NACHI's Director at Large, on :
Advanced Communications for Home Inspectors.
Effective Marketing to increase business.
Best Business Practices for the Home Inspection Industry.
How to effectively Avoid Litigation.

Place:
Hyatt Regency O'Hare (At Airport)
9300 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, Il
(847) 696-1234
www.ohare.hyatt.com

Directions:
From O'Hare International Airport: Continuous complimentary shuttle service. Or, take I-190 East to River Rd. South exit. Hotel is on left.

From Midway Airport: Take Cicero Ave. north to I-55 South to I-294 North. Follow directions to O'Hare. Exit River Rd. South. Hotel is on left.

Dinner: French Onion Soup, Midwest Field Salad with Julienne Vegetables, Tomato Wedges and Sliced Mushrooms with Balsamic Vinaigrette, Roast Sirloin Beef with Cracked Black Pepper Crust and Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Almond Cheesecake with Amaretto Caramel Sauce and Fresh Fruit, $25/person.

Door prizes galore! For more information or to RSVP visit http://www.NACHIchicago.org

P.S. Visit the NACHI booth at the Illinois Association of REALTORs Convention September 20-22nd .

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Reminder… tomorrow.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: cnordby

And I am hoping the banner arrived??? UPS primised me it would get there on time. But I got a phone call (sorry Aimee I was out of town when you called) that said it still had not arrived at noon. Hope you had a great meeting…and I truly hope the banner got there in time. My apology if it didn’t. Please let me know and if it did not arrive in time I would like to make up for it by making another sign of your choice for Chicago. no charge.

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

UPS attempted to deliver the banner on Friday at 2:53…but nobody was there to sign for it. They delivered it today. I am sorry your banner did not arrive in time. Please let me know if there is a sign you would like me to make for the Chicago Chapter to make up for the delay.

Hope it was a great meeting! If I do not get any response I will just assume you are mad at me and do not want to discuss it further. ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

--
SafeHOME
Seattle, WA.

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

Cheryl

No one in the NACHI Chicago Chapter is "mad" at you. We know you did your best.

The shipment has just arrived, a bit late.

In fact, haven't even had time to open the boxes.

The shipping address, my office, is located in an 8 story building, with a full staff of doormen, janitors, ect. located near the Loop area in Chicago.

For any delivery service to suggest no one was available......... well what can I say, this is Chicago.

We all thank you for your concern, we are certain the materials will be used extensively in our future meetings.

Again, thank you very much

I will print out your reply and take it in to UPS. They said they put a yellow notice on your door for the first delivery attempt on Friday. I didn’t know if it was a house or business. Thank you for letting me know Russel.

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

I finally have had an oppurtinity to open the box. The Banner is very nice. in fact it’s beautiful. I’m sure we will get a lot of use from it.

For UPS to suggest they put a sticker on our office door, they would first have to enter the building, go thru a security check, and then be brought by security to our door. 7 stories up. We did not have a sticker on our door. sorry. Aside from all that, the building personel know when we are not present. It' worse than living at home with Mom.

kinda made me wonder. When you pay 3-6 times the normal shipping charge to make sure it arrives on time it really does kind of tick you off when they don’t try to get it there when they promise. I am having trouble printing out this post to take to the UPS. They usually are very good. One time they blew the box apart and lost the banner. A few other times they didn’t leave the banner as a signature is required. Most of the t ime they really are great… But this time…I think I will have to make a stink as I really tried to get it there by the due time as my notice for making it was a bit short.

thanks for taking the time to let me know the situation Russel!

--
SafeHOME
Seattle, WA.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Cheryl;

I work with Russ in the Chicago Chapter. I got a banner made up by a friend of mine that is in the sign business and we used it at the July 15th meeting. It was also used at the Coldwell Banker meet8ing in our area. It cost me $225.00. If you would like to reimburse me.

Thanks;

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Hi Will…I am sure your banner is great you had made by your friend, and you will get much use out of it. icon_cool.gif

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.