NACHI Chicago Chapter August meeting

Originally Posted By: wdecker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just a reminder, because some want to see meeting posting announdments here, that the Chucago Chapter of NACHI will be having its August meeting on August 18th, at 6:00. The meeting will be held in pur usual spot, the Holiday Inn in Hillside, IL, located on I-190 (the Eisenhower Expressway) frontage road between Manheim and Wolf Roads.

There will be a $25.00 charge for the food (witch you must pay even if you don't want to eat) and there will be two door prizes (sorry I couldn't get more).

Please contact Chapter President, Russ Myers or myself if you have any questions.

Thanks;

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: wdecker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Another event that is being worked out and we would like to see how much interest there is.

We get a great number of requests from newly licensed Illinois Home Inspectors to go an ride alongs. They say that they need experience and would like to see how things are done before they hang out their own shingle. I have taken quite a few along, as have other membrs of NACHI Chicago.

What about a mock inspection? Kind of like a haunted house, but with more punch.

1) 20 -25 newly licensed inspectors sign up. They each pay a nominal fee ($10 ?, $20 for non-NACHI).

2) They get access to a fully functional, occupied house that has certain common (and some uncommon and hidden) flaws. They go through the house and do their own inspections, using their own methods.

3) After the inspection, they provide the NACHI Chicago Board of Review with a full inspection report, just like they would give to their clients. Narrative or checklist, on-site or later. The only requirement is that the report be submitted and in hand to NACHI Chicago within the 48 hours after the inspection that the state law requires.

4) Each report is reviewed and critiqued. They are evaluated against the known condition of the house and commented on. Advice is returned to the participants on how to improve their reports, not only with regards to accuracy, but also form, verbiage and legal requirements and adherance to the NACHI SOP.

How much inyterest would there be. The event would probably be taking place within the next few weeks and would probably be on a week end day.

We have the house and the cooperation of its owners and all liability issues are covered.

Thoughts?

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com