Chicago

Originally Posted By: pdacey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I will be going to Chicago with my family on Friday for 5 days. Never been there before. Just wondering what are the “must do” things in the windy city.

Also, where would be the best place to watch the Notre Dame/USC game on Saturday?

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: gporter

Bears game

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Navy Pier,

especially the stained glass museum, also catch the natural sciences museum, teriffic.

Enjoy

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: lewens

One of the must do things is stay off the interstates. You will not believe the traffic in Chitown.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Originally Posted By: aleleika

Patrick,

As far as watching the game on saturday...any of the bars on Rush & Division street, or at Dave & Busters on clark near north side.

Navy Pier is a must...lots to do and if you have kids with you they have a ton to do there...even a childrens museum. lots to eat and novelty things to do there. Also think about a Dinner cruise on the Spirit of Chicago that runs off of Navy Pier.

While here you must have Pizza...try the original Uno's Pizzeria.
Also Portillo's Beef (you must have while here) it is located at clark street at near north side. Must have a Chicago style hot dog also.

For dining at night: just about anywhere you run across is good in Chicago...one of my favorites is "Fogo De Chao". All you can eat Meat and the salad bar is fantastic.

All the museums are great. The Shedd Aquarium is a good place also. The majority of museums are near each other (within Walking Distance) with the exception of the Science museum.

Zanies comedy club is fun and they are on wells and North Ave. (again Near north side)

Downtown ("the Loop") at Daley Plaza they have some shops set up at this time of year for halloween, Food, crafts, hot cider, etc. Take a walk around the downtown area, the architecture is very nice. State Street has alot of landmark shops such as Marshall Fields, Carsons, etc. and the art museum is right on Michigan Ave.

Greek town has some great resturants and is close to downtown...about the 200 south block of Halstead street.

Another area is Grant Park and Buckingham fountain. This has a great view of the lake and is near the Museums.

Millennium Park is just north of grant park and has some great features.

And of course the ole standby's The John Hancock building and the Sears Tower...both have Observation towers.

Hope you and your Family enjoy your stay. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Have a good time !!! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Thanks for all of the input guys. Dave , great link thanks.

Hope it won't be too cold while we're there. Still sunny and mid 80s here.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Bring a jacket Patrick.

Should be a nice weekend. Won't be 80, but it won't be 30 either! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Make sure you hit Millenium Park and the lake. Navy Pier is worth a visit for first timers.

We've got a little bit of everything here, so whatever you're into, there's a place to do it.

Have fun!

Originally Posted By: loconnor

I would suggest House of Blue’s but you’d have to get a baby sitter. I was suppose to go there for a school reunion this month. Couldn’t make it.

Larry

Western Michigan NACHI Chapter

http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: jwortham

House of Blues is a chain though.

If you want REAL blues, go to Kingston Mines or the Wise fools Pub.

Originally Posted By: rlind

Patrick,

You have already received many wonderful ideas for things to do and see in Chicago.

If you and your family enjoy the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, plan at least a half day in near suburban Oak Park.
I'd suggest touring the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio and the nearby Unity Temple. Walking tours also are available that highlight the many homes he built nearby.

As a Home Inspector, I truly marvel at the uniqueness of his "Prairie School" architectural designs. Touring one of his homes will provide quite an education for any Home Inspector.

For more information please view: http://www.oprf.com/flw/H&S.html

Have a wonderful time in Chicago!