CILB

Russ just provided the council money out of his own pocket to fight the CILB and contractors doing home inspections.
The CILB is stating that if falls under their scope of license.

Thank you Russ!!!

All of the members of FABI are also contributing.

Russ has always been there for his fellow inspectors. Thanks Russ

as a CGC, I don’t mind the HI license which allows those interested to inspect a home so why should a HI feel they have the right to prohibit a GC from inspecting a home or any building which they have had the right to do forever? HI’s would be better off telling the CILB their license is too weak and it allows totally unqualified morons to enter the profession or continue to spend money making sure HI’s inspect microwaves and ovens.

It does fall under a G.C. Scope and should.

Quit trying to stop competition by holding others back.

Work harder and prove why you are a better choice.

Those who cannot compete on their own merit should find another line of work.
YOU WILL NEVER GET AHEAD IN LIFE BY HOLDING OTHERS BACK.

IF YOU WANT THE RIGHTS AND PRIVLAGES OF BEING A G.C. THEN EARN THE LICENSE.

WE CAN BUILD HOMES WE DAMN SURE SHOULD NOT NEED AN ADDITIONAL LICENSE TO INSPECT THEM.

IT IS A STRAIGHT UP RIP OFF TO REQUIRE US TO DO SO.

General contractors who inspect homes should fight this crap with all your might. We are getting ripped off by having to pay for and maintain an additional license we do not need.

We always have been the Total Home Professionals and should not be getting screwed like we presently are.

Those with only a home inspector license have already been “GIVEN” the right to do all the insurance inspections we were doing.

Do you all like where those prices have gone?

Home Inspectors should have to earn their rights like we did and they have not. They have been given to them.

The idea is to stop GC’s from repairing a home they inspect. This is to protect the consumer. Since the law has been written, now it has to be followed.

By the way, can someone post the statute that states that a general contractor can inspect a home. I have never actually seen that in writing. And not the part in the home inspectors license that states that they do not need a license.

If we can build them we should be able to inspect them.

If we are licensed to fix them we should be able to fix them.

I do not want to fix them but it is my right and I should be allowed to do whatever I am licensed to do.

If the client wishes me to fix it it then it should be their right to hire who they wish.

This coming from a man who does wind mitigation inspections for $40.00 :shock:

If we can build them we should be able to inspect them. Then why do we find so many mistakes???

This coming from a person who web site is based around how cheap he is

“Why my prices lower than any other company?”:shock:

Not while you are a member of NACHI it’s not

Very generous of Russ!.. Thanks man

John, I will contact Michelle about increasing my 10.00 a month auto debit contribution for the legislative fund to 20.00 a month.
Is there anyone else out there that would consider setting up 10 or 20 a month for auto debit?
Its not a lot of money, but it adds up over the year. After the first month or two it doesn’t even hurt!
These are battles that home inspectors will be fighting from now on. Every year it will be something different. but you can be sure it will happen!
A small monthly contribution on a permanent basis from a lot of inspectors would enable our industry to protect itself from the wolves and vultures.

I appreciate it Ed greatly. Very few understand the importance of defending our profession and I could care less who does them as long as they meet the criteria and keep within the SOP.

Instead of begging and pleading, I just decided to foot the bill of $1000 from INACHI. Its a profession that I love and will defend. Although some here want it to be different, this is a “Home Inspection” organization and shall be defended as one.

I do appreciate all that the ones who contribute do and it means alot that some get the idea. John Shishilla and Preston Halstead are working with Wayne Bertch on helping out as well. Together we can make it happen.

Thank you Ed. Russ is doing a great job, appreciated by all or not. Reality is we are home inspectors here, not contractors.

John money has been sent, check your paypal…

Ok Thank you.

John you hit the nail on the head, this them and us mentality that is all to common on this section of the nachi message board has to stop.

Because “YOU” are good :slight_smile:

I agree.

Now quit trying to screw guys that have multiple licenses :slight_smile:

There is a difference between screwing someone and trying to stop our industry becoming totally unethical.