CleanZone seeks NACHI members to become distributors.

New Ozone Process Eliminates Mold; Licenses Now Available

Lisle, Illinois, March 2006 – CleanZone Systems of Lisle, Illinois, a licensor and distributor of a patent-pending high output ozone generator used for mold treatment and air purification, announces the availability of license programs throughout the country.

The presence of mold in homes, schools, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other facilities is recognized by governmental agencies and environmental experts as a contributing factor to asthma, allergies and other upper respiratory tract disorders. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) notes that “molds produce allergens, irritants and, in some cases, potentially toxic substances,” while a study published in the Environmental Health Perspectives journal found that “exposure to mold and dampness in homes as much as doubles the risk of asthma development in children.”

Mold elimination, air purification and sanitation present a rapidly growing business opportunity on many fronts. More and more home buyers are asking for mold testing and assurances that their new home is mold-free. Parents across the country are concerned about mold and other unhealthy spores in their schools. As restaurants and public facilities become “smoke free,” stale smoke odors embedded in carpeting and furniture need to be eliminated. Building owners and managers must assure their tenants that the premises are free from harmful substances. Insurance firms are requiring mold inspections.

The guaranteed CleanZone process uses ultraviolet light to manufacture natural ozone at levels that are unmatched in the marketplace and which kill toxic molds, viruses, bacteria, fungus, allergens and other micro-organisms. The high doses of ozone, which is often called “active oxygen,” also eliminate unpleasant odors caused by pets or smoke. The CleanZone ozone generators are U.L. approved, lightweight, portable and use no chemicals, solvents or strong disinfectants and provide the safest, most effective and least costly solution to mold and related problems.

For the NACHI Certified Home Inspectors, the advantages to becoming a CleanZone licensee include:

• low cost license fees
  • complete training and certification program
  • proven effective by independent testing
  • customer testimonials
  • full technical support
  • minimal labor costs and no additional supplies required
  • growing awareness and market exposure
  • marketing support, including guarantee
  • repeat business potential with recommended preventative treatment
  • rapid profitability

About CleanZone Systems
CleanZone Systems LLC is Lisle, Illinois-based licensor and distributor of a high-output ozone generator that eliminates mold, bacteria, viruses and other micro-organisms as well as odors from homes, schools, hotels, hospitals, restaurants, food processing plants, warehouses and other facilities. For more information contact Jim Gauthier at (630) 963-0303 or visit: *www.cleanzonesystems.com](http://www.cleanzonesystems.com/).*

I thought Ozone was dangerous to ones health, and the EPA frowns on them as well as every other health department and consumers groups?

Oooo…I want to be involved in a pyramid scam masquerading as a traveling medicine show!

“Try it for any disease that comes from bad or impure blood, try it for troubles of the heart, try it for sores, excema, eruptions, skin disease, rheumatism, dyspepsia, malari and diseases of the liver, stomach, kidneys. Thousands have been cured by this great remedy!” Yadda yadda yadda…:roll:

I read somewhere on EPA website that ozone generators are the most effective way of getting rid of really bad, permeating smells in a home, like a dead animal in a vacant house, fire, etc.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

:slight_smile:

Perhaps I should market O3 detectors?

STOP STOP STOP.

Ozone (O3) will remove the smell of smoke, however, there is no evidence that is will eliminate mold. Purple lights in the air handler claim to do the same. Nothing removes mold except for using the conventional methods laid out in the New York City Department of Health Guidelines.

If we were to bring this to any IAQA representative, they would laugh real hard. Go ask ProLab and Disaster Restoration about it.

Good Luck for those that are interested.

*After reading the comments and concerns expressed in this forum I felt compelled to provide a bit more explanation as to our position regarding ozone and mold eradication. First, let me begin by thanking everyone who has responded for their well thought out comments and by agreeing that, within the known paradigm, the concerns expressed regarding ozone are legitimate.

However, there is a difference here that we truly believe deserves your thoughtful consideration. And the difference is simple. The generators we distribute produce ozone gas at unprecedented levels, in fact up to 120ppm. This changes the ozone paradigm significantly. First of all, when these generators run, ALL people, pets, plants, etc. must be out of the space being treated. Secondly, the ozone levels generated are easily in excess of what is needed to eradicate molds, etc.

We are, in fact, working with people within several organizations, including members of the IAQA, to provide them with the information they need to understand what we do and to help us determine how our process can fit into existing protocols for treating serious indoor air quality issues.

I hope that you will take the time to learn a bit more about CleanZone Systems and to explore the potential that ozone can have in helping to alleviate a significant problem.

Jim Gauthier, CleanZone Systems*

This is what I found.

It seems that even at low levels ( far lower than 120ppm) it can have a damaging effect on rubber and even the coating on **electrical wire.

**Until the EPA says otherwise, I thinks me don’t like ozone generators. JMO of course.
http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Ozone has been extensively used for water purification, but ozone chemistry in water is not the same as ozone chemistry in air. High concentrations of ozone in air, when people are not present, are sometimes used to help decontaminate an unoccupied space from certain chemical or biological contaminants or odors (e.g., fire restoration). However, little is known about the chemical by-products left behind by these processes (Dunston and Spivak, 1997). While high concentrations of ozone in air may sometimes be appropriate in these circumstances,*** conditions should be sufficiently controlled to insure that no person or pet becomes exposed***. Ozone can adversely affect indoor plants, and damage materials such as rubber, electrical wire coatings, and fabrics and art work containing susceptible dyes and pigments (U.S. EPA, 1996a)

Just a FYI

O3 is nasty tihs and not to be taken lightly. The quote below is from the EPA site referenced above. Personaly I would rather deal with mold.:slight_smile:

<B>

</B>

Looks like Todd beat me to it, must be nice to have :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: afternoons off.

Afternoons? Hell, I had the entire day off.:smiley:

Well, that’s almost true. I did get to argue with a builder for about 20 min.:wink:

You really should read at least one post ahead before comenting.:p:p

I as a general rule do not read any Todd posts:twisted: :roll: :wink:

Hater.;-):cool:

:smiley:

Hater!:wink:

• Jim Gauthier, CleanZone Systems *has a product to sell. I have yet to see anyone selling anything to do with ozone ever admit it is harmful, when all the evidence suggests it is, there are not safe levels. [RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Just anouther vender:roll:

After seeing this thread, a representative from CleanZone came to www.NACHI.TV to shoot a show explaining their whole thing. We finished the show and it will aire this weekend. There is some new information about ozone and mold that he shares on this upcoming episode.

O3 inhibits the growth of some organic materials. But we can’t live in a residential environment with an 03 generator running 24/7. The remaining mold spores although inactive continue to present risk issues since they’ve not been properly removed from the subject property. The inactive spores are more easily moved throughout the subject structure, waiting for another moisture source to begin the same scenario over and over again.

There are no short cuts regarding environmental mold issues in residential structures.

Will, after the show aires, I’d like to hear your comments. I think the poor fellas at CleanZone have an uphill climb here.

If they expect us to pay them for the honor of selling there products it will be a very steep hill.
If they wish to sell the product it should not be needed for you to pay them a cent.

I’m actually afraid to aire this episode, but we’ll have it up.