CMI history

WOW… two out of five CMI’s out of business! Not a very good track record.

So, are they CMI’s for life, or do they somehow get purged from the system? Heck, there’s a CMI (or two) with one foot in the grave. Are they CMI’s in the after-life? That’s one way to keep the membership numbers bloated. What’s the rule for the end-game? Or is it “Don’t ask, don’t tell”?

From what has been posted frequently 90% of new inspectors do not last three years .
That tract record does not look as good as the CMI’s record .
I wonder just maybe those two out of Five might be retired like I and many others are .
Please do ask and do tell .

Perhaps “Retired” and “Deceased” should be added to the listing so as to avoid confusing them with “Active” members, if they are to stay on the Rolls.

I see and do you think we should have ,
Those who have another job Should be listed as part time inspectors .
and those who are still learning should be listed as Newbie’s .
I see no advantage to segregating others.
Like I am not making all my full living from home Inspections as I also receive a pension .
I feel we should be trying to help ALL instead looking for some thing to complain about .
Any other Thoughts ???

I ask questions. It’s your problem if you don’t like them.

Newbies & part-timers are still “Active” inspectors. Shame on you for inferring otherwise. I know of a few that are busier than Full-timers! Deceased and Retired are NOT active inspectors.

Wasn’t it just a few days ago, that a 4-month Newbie had to explain to you (an alledged 40 year Master Electrician & CMI) why a breaker appeared to be leaking?

Seems to me you could learn a thing or two from some of these Newbies, instead of bashing them all the time. These guys and gals are some of the smartest, forward thinking people we have today. Yea, they’re a little green behind the ears, but so was everyone else when we started out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooke http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
I see and do you think we should have ,
Those who have another job Should be listed as part time inspectors .
and those who are still learning should be listed as Newbie’s .
I see no advantage to segregating others.
Like I am not making all my full living from home Inspections as I also receive a pension .
I feel we should be trying to help ALL instead looking for some thing to complain about .
Any other Thoughts ???

Thanks Jeffery typical smart *** answer .
You again you are trying to make others look bad by posting incorrect information .
Why do you not give up being so silly and try and help all instead of going around spreading false thoughts and ideas .
I see and do you think we should have
You need to grow up and get over your bulling attitude you have carried forward from school . Please read my post in Red above and yours in red also .

I try to learn something new everyday, so I guess I’ll be a “Newbie” for life !!!

My tag line tells the story and many take me up on it One last night too

For Jeffery to see …

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 1:47 PM
Subject: Today’s Inspection…

Any thoughts about this vent pipe on a water heater?

Added this one of many who appreciate Roy

----- Original Message ----- From: To: Roy Cooke
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: Emailing: CD ComboPresentationHRB

Wow looks crazy. Never even heard of that. Too late for me to read the whole thing but I will look into it tomorrow! Thanks! Think I’ll see any in VA

Xxxx Xxxxx
Home inspector

On May 31, 2012, at 9:42 PM, Roy Cooke <roycooke@sympatico.ca> wrote:

You might find this interesting We have a few of  these in My area .. Roy

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Combo Presentation

Mr. Walsh pointed out the proper attitude. I try to learn something new everyday, so I guess I’ll be a “Newbie” for life !!!

I could care less what initials are behind my name, as long as I’m getting work. Maybe I’ll use the designation C.M.N. - Certified Master Newbie !!! lol

I do not ever remember using CMI on my posts it was on My web site and all my advertising .
I also do not remember using my Canadian Member of the year but again it is on all our advertising and the web site .
This BS on the Forum is just a few who love to stir the pot .
They would be a far better help if they posted helpful information .
I, as most know am retired and have sold the Company to another CMI . Many do appreciate what I do and it shows via the count at .
( InterNACHI®️ Forum ) and I too am still learning.

Doing good Roy, you got far more on the friend count than I do. :p:D

Now Criss. I would reflect to post # 49.

I was short sighted.

The CMI designation is successful. Many have weighed in.
Not lobbied and paid for like the national.

Criss “I could care less what initials are behind my name,as long as I’m getting work.”
Home inspections is not only about money. It become a way for life and passion to those whom are not only rewarded by money.

Yes and I have you to thank .
You where the first and along came over 100 great members who seem to appreciate my help .
I enjoy helping and passing on some of what I have learned over the years .
even if some one disagrees it at least get them thinking on how to do things better .
Thanks to all .

Here I am. :smiley:

The answers may not all be correct, but I can answer them…

As for buying a CMI, not for me…

Most of the Dumbass posts are from CMI’s , don’t believe me, keep reading…

Interesting to note that the winner of the best video for HomeGauge was a CMI.:smiley:

Titles and Awards are meaningless…
Money in the bank at the end of the year… :slight_smile: … Priceless

There was a NACHI Member that feared flying
that placed many stipulations
in the early years…

Good thing that concept never caught on…
:slight_smile:

So then Nick explain it to us.
I do not see the head shrink as being part of the equation of the thread.
Do you?