CMI Outline Proposal - Just Do It!

I think he goofed again

Yes, he did.

I would suggest to Mr. Rowan that he give himself several enemas to get this ASHI/FABI political exclusiveness out of his system. There will be no peer review to become a CMI. It just will not happen. Ask Nick.

I know of one who has done two inspections in the last year.

What I read is that if you are qualified to be a CMI and you are not then you will be reviewed and delt with.:mrgreen:

Funny, but obviously a typo on the posters part.

My oppinion is, if you are going to go with a CMI designation than there should be a peer review and it should be all inclusive; to include background checks , finger printing and a complete review of all qualifications that are required, no exceptions! If you folks want the CMI to mean anything than everyone who applies for this dessignation has to be proven to be qualified, any less than that and it is a waste of time. Grandfathering in a situation like this is nuts.

I am not saying that the folks who came in with a legit… 1000 inspection and 500hrs of CE should not be in the CMI club, but the folks who have 1 year experiance and 42 inspections should be barred from CMI until proven worthy, otherwise you are just poking fun at a qualification that could really be worth while.

JMO

Hey Gerry, why not post the link to your CMI test? That should give folks a feel of what they are dealing with.:cool:

I realize I was a beta tester, but the test is excellent.

I would recomend that if he does post the test you take it closed book and no googling. It will really give you an idea of were you are.

Please post the link Gerry.:cool:

By the way I failed with a 67.:(:wink:

However, it gave me good info about were I needed help.

Again excellent test Gerry, you arse.:stuck_out_tongue:

Good catch Joe! What about the use of “an” instead of “a” before Master Inspector? I’ve also noticed CMI inspectors are not yet listed in the search locator on that page.

I would expect that from a commoner, but not from a “CMI”:stuck_out_tongue:

LMFAO

Before it comes up, do you fit the “CMI” bill or are you grandfathered ?

I just read your web site and you my friend are very qualified. CMI to you.:smiley:

Hey Wendy,

Are you still in the inspection biz? I noticed you’ve removed your inspection based website from your signature. The link off your name goes to a website give a way program. Are you another one of the NACHI 100 who has “Turned” vendor?

ps: Bought a 6.7 lb. lobster off the dock over the weekend. $9.00 p/lb. it provided lobster tacos for eight on NFL Sunday.

Merry Christmas to all…

The requirements for CMI are 1000. That is CEUs and/or inspections (or any combination thereof) completed in a lifetime.

The numbers are no different today than they were yesterday, or will be tomorrow.

Yes. Still here and have BIG plans for 2007! Have spent 2006 getting my bearings, and laying the groundwork for some giant business plans, and now we are ready to put them into action.

I had the giveaway in there because the new site wasn’t linked to my Go Daddy acct. yet. Now it is, so I’ll get it changed over.

http://www.inspectorwendy.com

I have been on a fish frenzy lately. We have fresh cod at the local restaurant that is breaded in Panko and it’s just delish! Combined with the local homemade fresh caught clam chowder and mmmmmmm…I could convert ANYONE to seafood. :wink:

Wendy,

Nice to hear about your dinner, and your fish exploits. Nothing to do with the topic at hand, however, which is CMI.

So, the outfit planning to administrate all of CMI is owned by (drumroll), Mike Rowan. This association is something he dreamed up. Remember, four days ago, he announced a CMI association. In fact, CMI association had dues.Now, he wants you to pay his company to take care of your business for you.

What a load of crap this is. And, above all, this guy still doesnt get it.

Look at the .pdf file he created of his vision for CMIs. Subjective? Not meerly, but laughable as well.

Why not let educators administrate the CMI program, much like states in dealing with CEUs. When folks graduate or complete courses, they log them at www.certifiedmasterinspector.com. Mike can do it for his students. When I provide CEU in states which require approvals, I am required to report and retain records of who did what. Simple.

Like I said, there is no plan here. Look at the website. There are more “Mike” companies with the word Inspector in them than you can shake a stick at. Mike needs CMI, and not the other way around. He continues to regfuse to answer legitimate questions, and created and attempts to control the process absent of input.

I was responding to Will’s lobster story Joe. Thanks! As well as answering his question.

Why do you keep saying that Mike is a load of crap when Nick has endorsed him?

You say you talk to Nick twice a day. Is that because you are trying to wear him down, like you did with the MAB, until he gives in and turns everything over to you?

I would suggest that with all the companies Michael has, it proves he DOES NOT need CMI, but is gracious enough to be sharing his business expertise with CMI.

BTW, I have you and one other Master Inspector to do ride alongs in New York, and this other one will do New Jersey?
Are you willing to do New Jersey as well, or do you know of any other inspectors in those areas that would be interested?

I’m also looking for New England inspectors to do ride a longs. Carla? Anyone?

Jamie,

Looking for Colorado inspectors. Are you interested? PM me if you are. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.

cannot do NJ.

Where is the funding for this venture coming from, Wendy.

There are going to be sponsorships, member fees, as well as business financing. That’s only the beginning.

Did you read this Joe?

[image.php?u=2&dateline=1137126464](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=2) 			 			 				 					 					[Nick Gromicko](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=2)

images/2006/statusicon/user_online.gif

vbmenu_register(“postmenu_135314”, true);
[NACHI

images/2006/misc/homepage.gif](http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/)
NACHI Member

images/2006/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

User Name: gromicko

images/icons/icon1.gif

Re: Wanta bet
Joe M: writes:

Quote:
 	 		 I am only going on Nick's public statements as posted here that he transferred ownership to the Board. If it is not true, I would not be shocked.  	 	 

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm…m&sno=78325155

Nick Gromicko, CMI
Founder
World’s biggest, best inspection association
“PlanetNACHI… resistance is futile”
[RIGHT] images/2006/buttons/quote.gif[/RIGHT]

Good Evening Joe,

I’m the one who brought up the off topic post, not Wendy. After visiting several hundred threads on this board, it appears that not many of them stay on topic. I’ll assume it’s an acceptable practice for locals only. In the future please feel free to reprimand me personally.

Merry Christmas!

With Joe Farsetta on the Master Inspector Certification Board’s Advisory Board, Director of Ethics for the Master Inspector Certification Board, Head of NACHI’s Alternate Dispute Resoulution Service, Trainer for the Certified Well Sampler course, President of HIT Interactive Media, NACHI’s Director of Professional Development, Chairman of NACHI’s Ethics Committee, and Chairman of NACHI’s Standard of Practice Commitee (I’m probably forgetting a few jobs he has)… I probably should check in with him 3 times a day.

Thank you Will. :slight_smile: Merry Christmas!

Maybe you should spread the responsiblity around a bit then people wouldn’t get the impression that they weren’t going to be treated impartially.

When one man has control of so many things, you run into the appearance of nepotism…if not all out and out nepotism.

What is the saying?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Seems to be applying strongly in this instance.