Code of Ethics

Home Inspectors aren’t trades people nor are we contractors, we are professionals who get paid to assess the condition of a property based on a set of published guidelines which include a Standards of Practice and a Code of Ethics which is interpreted by the public as a Standard of Care.

Although many of us hold other licenses we as a group have purposefully decided that when we are acting as an inspection professional we will not engage in the conflict of interest connected with offering to perform repair work on properties we have inspected.

In general home inspection professionals hold a fairly lofty place in the public eye and one of the reasons for our high regard lies in the fact that we have chosen to shun the potential impropriety of working simultaneously toward discordant purposes. Adopting this noble goal as a centerpiece of our Code of Ethics has produced absolutely no downside to our profession and has engendered trust.

It would be a tragedy if we were to allow a group of displaced contractors the power to modify our prime directive so they can bilk the public for repair work by using home inspections as a marketing tool. Knowing what we know and the potential for Biblical disaster to our profession which could accompany such a decision it is hard for me to believe we are still daily beating this dead horse.

Personally I see no reason not to show the door to anyone who refuses to adopt, promote and abide by this code which has served our profession so well.

Is it a noble practice to impersonate others? http://www.nachi.org/forum/f73/mayhem-melbourne-56095/index2.html. I want to file a complaint. Show you that door you are talking about. Anyone who wants to see how noble this guy is check out the above link and see what he was spewing last night. It does look according to the www.myfloridalicense.com web site that you were attempting to become a contractor once. I guess that was a little tougher that proclaiming loudly I am a Home Inspector. I am a Home Inspector.I am a Home Inspector. Which I believe were the requirements at the time you started out.

No comments Huh… :twisted: Still trying to figure out how to get rid of all that stuff from last night?

Whatever it is… blow it out your @$$ ConSpector, nothing you say matters, do the world a favor and drop dead already.

Michael J. Meeker](http://www.nachi.org/forum/users/mmeeker/) This message is hidden because mmeeker is on your ignore list.

joe you sure are a class act all the way. :roll:

Don’t get started Mike, you might start to feel sorry for Joey and try offering him a beer again.