Community Water Well Inspection Questions

Would love some direction on the possibility of me inspecting a community water well. I was contacted to provide regular inspections of a 12 home community water well. I have come up with the following areas for my inspection. Does anyone have experience with this?

  1. Water quality testing
    Test for bacteria/coliform, E. coli, nitrates, hardness, iron, manganese, TDS, pH, and any local concerns. I already do this so not a concern.
  2. Capacity
    Confirm the well can support peak demand for all 12 homes, not just one house. Peak demand is summer weekends. Regular use is 2-3 homes.
  3. Pressure and storage
    Pressure tanks, booster pumps, storage tanks, cycling issues, leaks, and pressure drops when multiple fixtures run.
  4. Treatment equipment
    Identify filters, softeners, chlorination, UV, reverse osmosis, or other systems. Note condition and maintenance.
  5. Well head and protection
    Check for proper cover/cap, electrical safety, grading/drainage away from the well, flood risk, and distance from septic systems.
  6. Shared responsibility
    12 Home HOA is responsible for the upkeep of the well.
  7. Power
    Electrical inspection of connected components.

Thoughts? Areas I might have missed? Thanks

Did you consult your State Website for Regulations and Requirements?

Yes sir!

No requirement for less then 15 homes on one system.

i would (and now offer it to clients) test to the nj standards. they test for more things like heavy metals and things. i learned about it on the forum somewhere. can’t recall who gave me the tip but it was a good one.