Concerning wind mitigation

When you do wind mitigation form 1802 do you download and provide the form or does the insurance company that your doing it for provide the 1802 form. Also I have seen on here where certain insurance companies such as state farm have a slightly different requirement on wind mitigation.

Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form OIR-B1-1802 is the ONLY form used for a Wind Mit. As far as Home Inspectors qualified to perform this inspection, the Home inspector must be licensed under Section 468.8314, Florida Statutes, and who has completed both the statutory number of hours of hurricane mitigation training approved by the Construction Industry Licensing Board and a proficiency exam
Then these are the types of structures the HI can inspect

  • Single-family dwellings
  • One-to-four-unit residential dwellings, including apartments and condominiums
  • Residential buildings with one-to-three stories, including five or more unit apartments and condominiums
    But to answer your original question, Effective 02/01/2012: OIR-B1-1802(Rev. 01/12) All mitigation inspectors must use this form and the insurers must accept it after the effective date provided by the OIR.
1 Like

Not at all, they must accept the approved OIR-B1-Form 1802.

It’s a standard PDF, you can get them everywhere, and you (inspector) provide the blank one to complete for your client.

Matt gave you the details above.