Contracts and Mold pro?

Hello there,

I am based out of Denver and I am fresh out of the InterNACHI CPI. I listed myself on the InterNACHI platform and received a call from “Mold Pros” about doing post mold air sample inspections. I got them to email me a contract to look over. The contract is one year in duration and their pricing is as follows:

Contract inspectors are compensated per project and must submit an invoice within 30 days of inspection. TMP reserves the right to amend pricing with 30 days written notice. Compensation for inspection and testing is below:
• Exterior / Interior moisture inspection up to 2,500 sq. ft. - $175.00
• Post testing - $125.00 plus $25.00 per sample
• .15 cents per sq. ft. 2,501 and above
• $25.00 per sample taken (Inspection contractor to supply the sampling media)
• Mileage reimbursement at .57 per mile when traveling over 50 miles from the address of record to the subject
property The Mold Pros. Inc.

It feels a bit fishy, but this could be due to my inexperience…

Any thoughts?

That’s your compensation for the lab fee and performing the test. You’re almost doing it for free.

1 Like

Haha, that’s what I figured. Home Advisor also hit me up

And thank you for the reply

You’re welcome Raymond.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Raymond!..Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And, happy inspecting!

1 Like

Welcome to the CPI world. Now get ready to be bombarded with vendor calls and emails, and even text. And 99.9% of them are gimmicks.

1 Like

No comment

1 Like

Stepping in the minefield of turds of the trade

1 Like

When things were slow in 2012 I did a few 3rd party mold sampling jobs, 2 of them I was never paid for an one only paid for a visual inspection and 3 Air Samples. I also had signed up with Home Advisers around that time., Home Advisor were supposed to send (sell) the home inspection lead to only 3 venders but were selling it to 5 of us. Life lessons learned lol

1 Like