Cover for CPVC? Any help is appreciated

Hello everyone this is from an inspection earlier today and I am currently working on wringing the report so any help is appreciated. Located in bathroom, in the picture is the access behind the tub. Has anyone seen this before and if so why would something like that be done? At first I thought it was what looked like PEX taped to the CPVC. When I pressed on it however I felt the CPVC in it so it was more like a cover that was placed over it for some reason. Any thoughts ?

It looks like sleeving over the CPVC. Not too crazy about that ABS and PVC transition.

1 Like

Also, I have spoke to several electricians and they have told me that these surge protectors tapped into the main service disconnect isn’t considered a double tap. I’m in Florida and for the 4 point Inspections some carriers take it as is and don’t consider it a hazard. I ran into another one of these at that same inspection today and wanted to get your opinion. Should it still be called out as a double tap or no ?

Yes I called that out Thanks. Anything to worry about that sleeving ? First time I see that

1 Like

If that’s all it is no. It’s actually a good thing, it’s protecting the pipe from the concrete.

1 Like

The red sleeve also identifies the hot line, I would guess.

2 Likes

The red sleeve also identifies the hot line, I would guess.

They used red sleeve on both pipes…

Yes Marc thank you for referring me to my own thread lol

You are very welcome