crystal meth testing

Does anyone have any info on testing a home to determine if there has been Crystal Meth used or made in the home. I had a realtor ask today and told him I would find out. Thanks for any info…Rick

You should check in with Russell Spriggs. Here is a link to the meth testing portion of his website. He would be the one to check with.

http://www.cdainspector.com/?D=71

Steve

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, now I remember. Thanks Steve!

Check also the messages from Caoimhín P. Connell on this board, since he works with the police forces on this matter if I correctly recall.

I also have this info as Russ and I started out last year on this project together. If Russ doesn’t get back to you soon.

Shouldn’t we be calling the Narcotics Unit:cool: :cool: :cool:

Mic

Mic, there are some pretty hazardous conditions under which meth is made and many people are wanting testing to be certain none of these hazardous conditions still exist in the home if by chance meth was ever made in the home.

Kevin

Thanks everyone.

Oh good, thanks, I’ll call them back so they can get back to their donuts. :smiley:

LOL:cool:

Hello Mr. Slocum:

I see that you are in Colorado. I was the primary author of Colorado’s new methlab assessment protocols. Colorado has the most stringent, and scientifically based regulations regarding methlabs in the country. Here are some salient points:

In Colorado, a property owner is required, by state statute, to abate the property, regardless of any regulatory actions taken by civil or criminal authorities.

Any property wherein meth has been used, or stored, or is present or was present or possessed, or where any equipment used for the manufacturing of meth has been stored, or where any precursors, wastes, or reagents for the purpose of manufacturing meth have been stored, is a meth lab. EVEN IF NO METH WAS EVER MADE at the property.

Pursuant to the new real estate regulations, following any kind of testing by an Industrial Hygienist that confirms the presence of meth, the house is officially declared a methlab, and the owner must either complete the mandatory assessment and remediation process or demolish the house.

Counties, municipalities and other civil authorities have statutory authority to confiscate the house and all personal belongings in the house, and complete the process (including demolishing the house and discarding all personal belongings and vehicles) to abate the public nuisance.

NO ONE, hot HIs, not realtors, not even the owner, may enter a property identified as an illegal drug lab without specific training and certification. Several jurisdiction arrest on-sight and prosecute the offender with a misdemeanor violation (in some places you WILL get a free ride in the back of a police car, followed by a tour of the local jail).

Only certain Industrial Hygienists are permitted to perform testing.

Only those consultants who meet the statutory definition of an Industrial Hygienist, as found in Colorado Revised Statutes may call themselves an Industrial Hygienist. (Mould Inspectors, Environmental Engineers, and other similar euphemisms are not authorized to perform methlab assessments).

Not all otherwise bona fide Industrial Hygienists are authorized to perform the assessments (I was an expert against a Certified Industrial Hygienist with a PhD in Chemistry – he presumed that because he was a Certified Industrial Hygienist with a PhD in Chemistry that automatically authorized him to do the work – his assessment was rejected by the courts).

I discuss Colorado’s new regulations at length here:
http://www.forensic-applications.com/meth/coloregs.html

I discuss Colorado’s new real estate disclosure statutes at length here:
http://www.forensic-applications.com/meth/discovery.html

I discuss Colorado’s new methamphetamine omnibus statutes here:
http://www.forensic-applications.com/meth/omnibus.html

I discuss general methlab issues here:
http://www.forensic-applications.com/meth/meth.html

I discuss how to identify a methlab (complete with photos) here:
http://www.forensic-applications.com/meth/recognition.html

Throughout those discussions, complete, full and official copies of the statutes, regulations, and supporting documents are available as PDFs.

If you have any specific questions you would like to ask, feel free!

Cheers!
Caoimhín P. Connell
Forensic Industrial Hygienist
www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Mr. Connell, Thank you very much for the info. I will certainly contact yo if I have any questions. I’ll know more tomorrow. Thanks again…Rick

If you believe that the Home was a Meth Lab, it is time to find another alternative to call Home.

Testing for Methamphetamine is not necessary…

Can you elaborate on that?

Kevin

Looks like the Constitution was just suspended in Colorado.:frowning:

Hello Ms. Forsyth:

[FONT=Arial]Looks like the Constitution was just suspended in Colorado.[/FONT]

On the contrary. Because of my law enforcement role in life, and due to my training in Constitutional law, and my publicly sworn duty to uphold the Constitution (which I do with sincerity and integrity) I actually wrote much more of the regulation than just the assessment protocols.

One role that I don’t address in this forum was in fact to ensure that portions of the regulations were Constitutionally valid.

For the record, I am an ardent proponent of the Constitution. I see, first hand the results of the Liberal courts legislating from the bench moving this country more and more from a from a Republic to a Democracy (something the framers of the constitution warned about over and again in the Federalist Papers which would be horrific reading material for most of today’s member’s of the Democratic Party). This is not an insult to all Democrats - my wife, whom I love and respect, is a Democrat (admittedly the one in the county, but…)

So, the Constitution in Colorado is alive and well. Druggies dealing death and destruction to kids and members of our society, however – no mercy and no sympathy from this quarter. So they loose their house and everything in it. Big deal. If I do my job right, they won’t need it anyway.

If the tough words offend, I apologize up front, but as I sit here right now, quickly hammering this out, I’m getting ready for work - I’m sitting in my gear, (bullet proof vest, back-up guns, hidden knives, leather, ugly pants and shining boots), getting ready to hit the streets with a smile on my face and pleasant tone in my voice.

Forever Blue
Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Caoimhín,
I have a very, very close acquaintance who is a DEA Special Agent working out of the L.A. office. I’m sure you and he would see eye to eye on these issues. Keep up the good work!