CSST bonding question 2

All the info I have seen on csst just shows a bond where the csst connects to the black pipe. is that one bond good for all of these connections or should there be jumpers at all the breaks? Excuse my ignorance.

It needs to be bonded in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification. Typically it’s directly bonded to the iron pipe.

It breaks ground, could be bonded 5 feet from berried water main, with continued conduit. Picture seem to show it breaks continuity. But then again, that is a weird source of ground their should be a GEC clamp closer to the panel to provide the carry the ground over. I think I just confused my self, please correct me if I am wrong.

On the other hand, I think that type of clamp would only bond a low voltage. (Telephone, satellites dish/cable etc.)

The bond is to the black iron piping, not directly on the CSST.

Looks to me like those short nipples, tee’s and couplings were just used to connect several runs of CSST together. The bonding is typically done where it enters the structure.

1 Like

Technical_Bulletin_WF2008 Wardflex.pdf (274.1 KB)

Someone please show me where it is bonded at? I can’t seem to see it? :grin:

1 Like

Isn’t that plumber’s strap good enough, Roy? :roll_eyes: :flushed: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I suppose so! NOT!

There’s no bonding in the picture.

I don’t know about Texas, but in Oklahoma, bonding is only required for CSST with yellow vinyl sleeve.

Bonding is required for all metallic piping systems.

I know …LOL!

I know, too. LOL! …just joking with Roy.

David is correct. Only yellow vinyl coated pipe has to be bonded.
Most newer black “Flashshield” does not.

FALSE!

Read what the manufacturer says:

Um, true.
The manufacturers instructions indicate no additional bonding required.
The AHJ appears to have the final say and have found several that don’t even require it with the yellow coated pipe which is a separate discussion altogether.

FALSE

“is to be bonded in accordance with the National Electrical Code NFPA 70 Article 250.104, Canadian Electrical Code, CSA-C22.1, in the same manner as the minimum requirements for rigid metal piping”

Beat me to it.

1 Like

I’ll slow down!