Damp crawl and a frogs?

Originally Posted By: jhorton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Here is a new one. I found my second frog living under a house today in a crawl space. First one had enough water problems I chose to ignore the frog.

Today the house I inspected has obviously had water in the crawl space recently. Didn't appear to be an on going problem. I assumed it was just a wet weather problem, then I found my little green buddy hoping across the plastic. The more I looked the more I am thinking that this is a bigger problem than it appears.

So I will report what I saw and photographed and let the home buyer decide what to do.

But... would you mention the frog?? (Not a toad, but a frog) Frogs can't/don't live in a dry crawlspaces. Seems to indicate that this is not a dry crawlspace to me. Looks like more evidence of moisture to me. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Quote:
But... would you mention the frog?? (Not a toad, but a frog) Frogs can't/don't live in a dry crawlspaces. Seems to indicate that this is not a dry crawlspace to me. Looks like more evidence of moisture to me.

He may only have been passing through. I get a lot of frogs hanging
around inside the garage and concrete floor barn and they are both dry. They wander in and after having dinner they wander out.

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

Originally Posted By: wdecker

If the crawlspace was pretty much enclosed and sealed, I would mention it as an indicator. If the crawl was open and near other water sources (pond, swamp) I would not.

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com