date code for a sears air conditioner

If there is someone that could help me find the year made of a sears air to air, electric a/c unit
serial number 060801227
I can’t find it on google
much appreciated
eric@ekhomeinspections.com

**Sears – How to determine the age or manufacture date **

Every effort is undertaken to offer you correct and concise information to assist you in determining the age or manufacture date of HVAC equipment. Anytime anyone is dealing with numbers and letters in determining data, mistakes and misinterpretation are bound to happen. For this reason if you find during your research that we may have erred please contact us. In addition perhaps you have come across a brand, model or serial number format that we have not addressed. Email us information or pictures of data/nomenclature plates of the unit and we will attempt to assist you in your determinations.

*This page was last updated: 27 July 2009 *

There are several styles of serial numbers found for Sears. Serial number assignment seems to based on the manufactures numbering system, and Sears uses several manufacturers for their HVAC equipment.

**Style 1 **

**Sears **
Serial Number format: L9739 43023
(This serial number is from an actual Sears Kenmore furnace transcribed from a home inspection).

Date of Manufacture: Using the second, third, fourth and fifth digits of the serial number L9739 43023 you will find the year and week of manufacture. The second and third digits are the year of manufacture and the fourth and fifth digits are the week. This unit was manufactured in the 39[size=2]th week of 1997. [/size]

Year of manufacture: L9739 43023 ** **

Week of manufacture: L9739 43023

**Style 2 **

**Sears – (1980 thru 1989), manufactured by Central Furnace **
Serial Number format: H61139301
(This serial number is an actual furnace unit transcribed from a home inspection).

Date of Manufacture: Using the first and second digits of the serial number H61139301 you will find the year of manufacture. The first digit (Always the letter “H” for the 1980’s) is the decade of manufacture and the second digit is the individual year of the decade. This unit was manufactured in 1986.

Decade of manufacture: H61139301 (Note: “H” was used for the 1980’s.

Year of manufacture: H61139301** **

**Style 3 **

**Sears – **
Serial Number format: 22880018
(These serial numbers are fictitious).

Date of Manufacture: Using the first, second, third and fourth digits of the serial number 22880018 you will find the week and year of manufacture. The first and second digits are the week of manufacture and the third and fourth digits are the year. This unit was manufactured in the 22[size=2]nd week of 1988. [/size]

Week of manufacture: 22880018

Year of manufacture: 22880018

http://hisearch.org/Sears.aspx

If any one can help. I need to find the year my sears air conditioner was made. The serial # is 2760313841. the model # is 769.813750.

By watching the post and answer by Larry D. Kage I have learned that sears manufacture date is in its serial number. Lets diagnosis your Serial no 2760313841, here if we remove first letter 2nd and third letter are 7 and 6. So most provably the year of manufacturing is 1976. http://www.dpeservices.com/ is a site for service at your door step, their tech’s are experienced. They have a toll free number you may call them and ask for detail.