Defect?

Would you call it out.

4509 West Ravina 10-11-10 023.JPG

Yes, the water temp is set too high. Scald hazard! :mrgreen:

Not exactly where I was going Jeffrey, but I still like it. :mrgreen:

Drip leg exceeds maximum limits.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf3z_Ezne1gTHwVBvJwUoZX-eQrFZrno6NeMkDNP4HkNH61ew&t=1&usg=__G5zlyBe2zpdvLxeuhy9E__FXorg=

Lack of proper seismic strapping??? :roll:

Nooo

Looks like galv instead of black pipe.

Is there a concern with the flexible gas line, where does the other end go? Is it CSST?, is there a union?

The picture could be a little better…But the thing that bugs me here is Pipe Dope on the Gas Fitting…

Those appliance connectors are CSST too and have different installation methods and limitations than the regular CSST distribution piping.

If your local code requires additional bonding on houses with CSST then this one falls under that.

The typical “pipe dope” is common for those fittings and natural gas but not allowed for LP gas.

The tank is not level.:slight_smile:

Pipe Dope is not allowed on Compression Fittings, EVER. :slight_smile:

It does look like some is on there but maybe it got smeared on there after the fact. When I touch that mess I end up wiping it on whatever is nearby.

Hard to see any on the compression end with the flash. I see it on the end of the fitting on the pipe thread side.

So now that you know what I was looking at, do you call it out?

Trick question. I don’t see any pipe dope on compression fittings.

Isn’t that a flare fitting?..dope doesn’t belong there either. :slight_smile:

If you call it out, it will get either ignored or made worse after they loosen the fitting, wipe it and retighten.

How do you know the dope is actually at the point of compression?
Maybe they just put it on the threads.

Not an issue unless you witness someone putting it on the compression surface but its ok to call it out if you feel its necessary.

Pipe dope on gas fittings is commonplace. Have you heard different?

Excessive PD can create issues if it gets inside the lines. It can clog regulators and control valves.

I think Brian is referring to the flared fitting.