Does Anyone Offer AHS?

AHS screwed over my clients. Luckily, they were still covered by a 90 day warranty.

Nate is tht for 90 day ? or is thaqt a 1 year warranty? also is that for agents to sell to their clients or can it be purchased by a client directly? if you dn’t want to dsciuss it here you can send me some info.

Jim

Most all home warranties have been found to be a gamble at best. They are generally not worth the price paid for them. As for the 90 day warranties I have been reading about here and researching they are useless. If I recall correctly one of your highly respected Chicago Home Inspectors even quoted that he was directly told by one of these 90 day warranty offering company owners that the warranty that company offered was useless as well and basically nothing more than a method for the Home Inspector to defer liability for their mistakes.

That is correct. Also to add I was told personally by Nick (founder of Nachi) and even a part owner of a warranty co that all these 90 1nd 100 day warranties are useless to the client. They may be a marketing tool for inspectors that need such a gimmick, but useless to the client.

Jim

Why do you choose to lie?

Anything putz.

Tell that to my clients :slight_smile:

The only Fraudulent statement here is from YOU saying what I wrote is fraudulent.

I wrote Nothing Fraudulent in my statement at all. Way back when when I was gathering info on warranties Mountain in specific Nick himself wrote to me and said All these warranties are worthless for the client, but may have some marketing use for the inspector that needs it. That is straight from Nick, so if you want to xall it a lie then you are saying Nick ilied. Personally I could care less as my opinion is that I agree with Nick. To add I haver way more important things to do then give a rats as…s about anything anyone thinks. I do what I want to and use whatever advice and tools I see fit for my own biz.

Jim

Nathan, didn’t you tell Will Chicago the same thing on your tour?

“they aren’t worth the paper they are written on” was the quote as I recall.

OK sure Bro no problem if that is what you want, I have some extra time tomorrow while at dialysis, I can send the email to all your clients for you . send me their info and I will forward them Nicks email stating just that.

Jim

Nick has also stated to me that the engineering scam is illegal, in his opinion, and that the warranty is “worthless” … other than as a “marketing tool”. You are right on, Jim.

This is more or less a general consensus with the obvious exception of the unscrupulous alarm leads broker that uses these and other worthless gimmicks as a means of harvesting private information from new home buyers through their home inspectors.

For the record I domn’t insult what you do specifically towards you. I discuss issues with my peers about different issues that pertain to our business. I can’t help that you just happen to be involved in some of those same issues (businesses). The fact is I and many others including Nick don’t believe that these types of warranties are actual a good benefit to the clients. This is just our opinions, the same as you and youe followers have the opposite opinion, and that is fine all the power to you.

Now that that is said, I could care less about your spin and BS you shovel to those peons that listen. You can say whatever you want Nick told me that directly, nothing out of context at all, he said straight up all those 90 day and even his own 100 day Mountain warranties are for the most part useless to the actual client, but do have some marketing value for the inspector. Those are his words, so stop your insinuating that I miss heard or made it up. I am sorry if you don’t like the essence of Nicks opinion but I also don’t give a shi…t what you think. I have much more important issues that to argue with a nobody in my world. Our dealings are done. I have tried, but you will never change and I particularly have no need to associate with people like you at this point in my life.

Jim

What lie?

I simply related what someone else told the MB.

So you didn’t say this?

“they/it aren’t/isn’t worth the paper they are written on”

Post 124 guys and gals. Decide for your self:http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/farsetta-vs-thornberry-great-inspection-debate-nj-hot-pic-75975/index7.html#post1011251

It’s pretty well established that the kid is a liar and counting the lies his evolved into a very time consuming and repetitive project.

Just like Thornberry, unfortunately, not all home inspectors are honest either, and many are not able to charge a sufficient amount for a home inspection and must rely upon kickbacks from him. That is why some of them might participate in his dishonest kickback schemes. The smarter ones are very quiet about it while the absolute fools will come to his defense on this message board and publicly defend the scam that they participate in for the world to see (as John Briggs has described).

What is left to do is to continually bring to the public’s attention that there are alarm systems salesmen who use brokers to help them push their products … often by dubious means … and that there are home inspectors who are getting kickbacks by channeling private information to the lead brokers, like Thornberry. The public needs to know this and needs to know that NOT ALL home inspectors are involved in this scam.

Will he lie about it? Sure he will. He has to.

Are the gimmicks that he uses … like the phony “warranty” and the recall checking thingy that he uses to glean private information from new home buyers … of any value? Sure they are. They fool unsuspecting home buyers who trust their home inspectors into thinking that they are getting something of value which, according to Thornberry, is a good enough reason to use them whether they actually provide a service or not. It’s all a part of the scam.

Inspectors who are honest with their clients … by that, I mean inspectors who do not receive undisclosed kickbacks from service providers that they recommend to their clients … need to be proactive in marketing that important feature — their integrity — to the general public, IMO.

Some already are.

On another message board discussion about these scams, one home inspector wrote this:

To me, this makes a lot of sense.

On which home inspector forum can we find this Jim?
Got a link?