Drafting copy for another inspector ad campaign. Comments?

Originally Posted By: mrose
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Simple and honest. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

I am not a marketing genius by any stretch of the imagination but I am always interested in ways to keep my phone ringing.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Maybe a little something from the Red Green show, Were pullin for you, remeber were all in this together. icon_razz.gif

Nice job Joe!

James,

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Joe

Thanks for all of the compliments, guys.

Igor and Mike, I agree with both of you: use of the word "best" or even "good" indicates that there must be some basis for comparison... how do you gauge best against worst in a single point statement?

I think that the statement needs to express that a NACHI certified inspector is beyond compare, so the descriptor should be one that explains what sets a NACHI certified inspector apart, and should be free of any kind of value judgment.

In this case, to describe the inspection, we need to describe the inspector, so words like comprehensive, professional, complete, accurate, rigorous, demanding, etc. are appropriate.

Now... back to the "patty cake" portion of the thread. I purposely omitted direct reference to inspectors that belong to other organizations, doing so risks giving the impression that NACHI tries look good at the expense of others.

I also omitted any reference to the possibility of bad or inadequate advice from a realtor- homebuyers can develop a meaningful relationship with their realtor, the suggestion that someone that the buyer has learned to trust could steer the client wrong can create conflict and turn people off.

As always, thanks for all the great information on the board!

--
Regards,
Joe O'Connell
Integrated Home Inspection
www.knowthehome.com

Originally Posted By: mrose

Iggy,

I realize that ad industry icon such as yourself is always busy and cannot respond immediately to the little people.

Nice to know that you agree with me. I will add you to a very short list.

Best regards,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi guys,

My comments:

Do all NACHI Inspectors charge more?

My brochures say "Call the best and get more for less"

My prices are in the ball park with my local colleagues, even a

little less than some. It's a tough decision to make yourself

the most expensive, I can't go there yet.

Carla

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: psabados

Question to all!

Is NACHI's position in the ad to promote higher inspections fee's? Or QUALITY of the inspector and inspection process?

Keep any reference to expect to pay more out of it

IMO It's Quality not quantity or money spent. We constantly recommend to Newbie's to set their prices according to local markets. Why the switch

Paul

The NACHI Foundation

Originally Posted By: Joe

Point well taken, Paul. I think that the point of the ad is to promote the quality of the inspector, the inspection process, and higher inspection fees. Effectively, the written text is designed to single out both price shoppers and quality shoppers and show them what a NACHI certified inspector has to offer.

Each local market is variable, so there will always be someone that can under-cut a price, it is the nature of a free market environment. If our prices are set along the median, as they should be, a price shopper will naturally go under us to the lower end of the median to get the ?best deal.? A quality shopper will end up on the higher end of the median, to get the ?best quality.? IMO, the ad effectively brings all kinds of shoppers to the center-line, which is NACHI?s territory- superior inspections for a reasonable fee.

My two cents.

--
Regards,
Joe O'Connell
Integrated Home Inspection
www.knowthehome.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

All,

Just to ramble about the higher price thing in the ad:

While I would like to be the most expensive inspector in my area, as I was in Northern VA it isn't possible yet. Every area is different, and although every buyer wants the best inspector possible, many aren't willing to pay for it. Many buyers don't even know what a quality inspector is. Think about some of the stupidest questions you have gotten while trying to sell your services to a prospective client. Things like "do you check the oven temp. with a thermometer", or "do you start a fire in the fireplace" come to mind immediately.

I have lost inspections frequently down here over $5. In my area, many of the buyers are senior citizens and are buying their second home or retirement home. In either case they are or may be working with a tighter budget, or are just so damn old that they haven't ever had an inspection on any home they have purchased, and "just got talked into this by my Realtor". The uninsured guys consistently charge near the bottom because their overhead is zotsky.

In many areas of the country the statement of higher price in the ad will work for well established businesses. Now if we could just get all of the other inspectors to realize that competition by price point is a losing proposition for all of us, we could all make more $$.

Also, I like any ad that uses the term "Quality"..... ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) and , instead of "Patty Cake" inspector, how bout "Poorly trained uninsured cheap lice infested rat bast*** just there to take your hard earned money"

It could work....

Blaine
Quality Home Inspections ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

to all that come here for Information. Business and Consumer alike.

Those Businesses that have found value from the offerings of this Organization have been joining in mass and will continue to do so. The more members, the more experience and information available. It is absolutely amazing to watch the dynamics of the growth of NACHI.

Membership within the NACHI Organization is an Asset to the individual Inspector and his Business. Helping you to Grow your business by providing information makes for better Inspectors and Satisfied Consumers.

It is not about raising the Fees, it is about raising the Quality of the Inspection. Higher fees come when the Consumer recognizes the value of You and your Business.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all

Joe has hit the nail on the head, what we all should be doing is offering the highest standards, of inspection because that gets you the best return. In all areas of business you have to compete with those who desire to be the cheapest, you cannot win that game, you just go broke faster it is one thing to discount initially to build a market presence so long as you know why you are doing it, for how long, and your client fully understands that they are getting a great inspection at an offer price.

Where Nachi comes in is in terms of brand support, you should be using all the tools of membership, as Joe has said, use our sop, coe, educational requirements together with your own usp's (unique sales propositions) to show to your clients that you are the best deal for them regardless of cost. Hammer them with your background, training, experience etc make an ASHI minimum standards report look stupid.

Anyway getting back on track, this proposed document should be solely about why a NACHI inspector is better than any other, and in my opinion if that means we have to raise the bar in terms of our own sop, coe or educational requirements to be a clearer dedifferentiater then so be it.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: psabados

Joe and Gerry

Thank you gentlemen. Your opinions are exactly what is needed. If we have to raise the bar, so be it. Please feel free to make myself and others in this organization the absolute best that an inspector can and should be.

By continuing in this mode, we all should have more work than we can handle and command a price that is more than fair. Quality first! Pride in a job well done! and Setting a standard that's second to none!

Go NACHI

Paul