Drip edges

Would anyone say anything about these drip edges being bent at the edge and the valley missing the gutter?

Thanks!!

Valley may be an issue. But, with gutter screen there, it will always overflow in moderate to heavy rain.

The gutter installer damaged the drip edge to install the gutters and this should be noted.

I suppose the gutter installer would argue that although he “altered” the drip edge from its original state, in doing so he actually is preventing a future problem.

1. If he were to cut the drip edge moisture would follow the bottom track of the drip edge and get between the rake board (which isn’t caulked) and gutter thereby deteriorating same over time; yes that joist could be caulked but caulking does not
    last the 50 years as advertised, well not at holding its adhesion.

2. even though the drip edge is bent, it does function as intended…moisture is not going wick back underneath the shingles or sheathing.

Personally I would have cut it slightly larger, forming an inside corner between the gutter and rake board so that I would not have to caulk…but that’s from knowing secrets of the trade… and willing to take a few extra minutes to do it right.

I would note it in the body of the report as a cosmetic issue since I believe it still functions as intended…albeit unsightly.

The valley missing the gutter is a design issue…but more troubling is the gap between the metal valley and drip edge…you are going to have a problem there…that is your biggest concern. A roofing contractor needs to address that area.

regards

Jeff

If the installer simply measured the fascia area correctly (gutter overhang), this bend would have never happened.

Thanks!