I learn something new every day.
Subject: Fw: Dryer Caution
I had a wonderful morning, until the heating unit went out on my dryer!
The repair man went in to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It
was clean. We always clean the lint from the filter after every load of
clothes. He told us that he wanted to show us something.
He took the filter over to the sink, ran hot water over it. Now, the
lint filter is made of a mesh material - I’m sure you know what your
dryer’s lint filter looks like.
WELL…the hot water just sat on top of the mesh!!! It didn’t go
through it at all!!!
He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over the mesh and that’s what
burns out the heating unit. You can’t SEE the film, but it’s there.
This is also what causes dryer units to catch fire and potentially burn
your house down! He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a
very long time (& to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that
filter out & wash it with hot soapy water & an old toothbrush (or other
brush) at least every six months.
He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long! How
about that!!! Learn something new everyday!
I certainly didn’t know dryer sheets would do that. So, I thought I’d
Note: I went to my dryer & tested my screen by running water on it.
The water ran thru a little bit but mostly collected all the water in
the mesh screen.
I washed it with warm soapy water & a nylon brush & I had it done in 30
seconds. Then when I rinsed it and the water ran right thru the screen!
There wasn’t any puddling at all!
That repairman knew what he was talking about!
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE’S HOME, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE’S LIFE .
It was so ironic that the same evening someone sent this to a recipient, the fathers house smoke alarm went off late night and the cause was the lint filter. Weird :shock: