electrical training

http://www3.sea.siemens.com/step/default.html

Thanks Barry, that’s a good learning program. And a good price.:wink:

Thanks Barry. :slight_smile:

Thanks Barry

everyone’s Welcome

for those that have a learning disability like me and require a glossary with pix

http://www3.sea.siemens.com/step/pdfs/glossary.pdf

or prefer pdf
http://www3.sea.siemens.com/step/downloads.html

Good courses, I’ve taken a few previously. Thanks for reminder to take a few more.

Great job pointing this out Barry.
Hope you and Charlie had a good time last week.

Thanks Barry, I have just completed my college course electrical fundamentals exam tonight, I wanted to get on to part two next term, but decided tonight I think that during the winter I would rather not do the drive to the college, it’s an hour fifteen in good weather, the snow could double that time, not worth it, these will keep me busy until spring.

Thank You…

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Great find Barry!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Yes this is very good training. I can 't remember when I took it but I did like the way it follows InterNachi in training in segments. This is the best way to train someone no matter what field you are in.
The days of 3 day training and a final exam are out the window. JMO

Kevin, I can’t agree with that, I have just finished an electrical fundamentals course, I loved it, in college, I learned far more from my instructor. I went in with no electrical knowledge, I have surpassed all my expectations in the course, and am looking at an A grade, at the lowest a B. I couldn’t have got that level of understanding from the siemens course. I’m not saying it isn’t good, but people ingest information on different subjects at different rates, I need the long drawn out, hammer it into my head parrot fashion with electrical. I will be using this course myself, just to keep the knowledge refreshed in my head, and to add to what I have already learned. Parrot fashion works for me apparently.

You can’t duplicate the hands-on labs you have in a classroom setting.

Linas you may have the luxury of learning this way but not all can. I think you are missing the point of people’s ability to see what is going on at all times. Studies have shown that you miss way more in schooling then you do in home study. You still need hands on but this should not be the main focus in learning. The other problem with schools is the instructors sometimes do not care where as If you take the info on line you will never need to worry about all the problems created with anxiety.
Some do not have the commitment to learn at home and need the extra push where as others love knowledge and grab it at any chance they can.
Patterns sometimes become defects in school also when the teacher has no time to train himself and is regulated by course coordinator, so the defect carries on to the students and the problems go full circle again.

Kathleen I am not saying that the seimens course is anything like learning from the college. I am just talking about the structure of learning is the same as InterNachi in that it is easy to follow and remember.:smiley:

I don’t care about your opinion Kevin. I think you don’t see what is going on at any time. LOL Many of us wonder where you learned some of the s h i t you come up with at times. It’s like you raided Robert Downey Jr.'s medicine cabinet.LOL

Three strikes and you are out!

Like Barry Bonds? But his problem wasn’t strike-outs.:wink:

Sorry Kevin, but to quote you here you do say, and I quote, “This is the best way to train someone no matter what field you are in”.

I disagree. Whether it’s the Nachi way or not.

I stand by my original claim that everybody learns different topics in different ways. I needed this topic drilled into me in a way only an in class, hands on environment could provide. This way may be fine for most, but going into this course I knew that electrical was my weak spot. I needed help. I got it, and now, finally, I get it (electricity that is), or at least I am understanding it better. I have a long way to go.

If you take the approach that you need to learn everything in School this is OK. I never said you did not need hands on. What I was pointing out is progressive learning is better than crash course learning. Electrical cannot be taught online without basic knowledge. The same goes for any field in Home Inspection. Most that started on this course have a background in Electrical, Plumbing, Contracting ect. If you are starting without a background then yes you must get the basics in School.