Electrical

Gary,
Nah, I was trying to be a smart butt. I have seen some pretty wild electrical work. Ohio is a long haul even for me. Be my luck to get there and the utilities would be off and have to reschedule.

Enjoy this “Garbage Disposal” story about Rudy the cat.

http://www.muttcats.com/articles/garbage_disposal_cat.htm

The operative question is if the outlet for the disposal can have any other outlets.
If so, it can go outside as long as there is a GFCI by the time it gets there.

You have to determine that by the nameplate of the disposal. If it is more than half (7½a on a 15 or 10a on a 20a circuit) it can’t share “where lighting units, cord-and-plug-connected utilization equipment not fastened in place, or both, are also supplied”
210.23(A)(2)
That means you can probably share with the fastened in place dishwasher, even if you can’t go serve other outlets.

BTW the reason builders like the cord and plug connected dish washers and disposals is they can be installed on the appliance drop, a day or two before the customer closes. It also makes them easier to swap out with a warranty problem. I like it as an inspector because there is a positive, local disconnect that anyone can figure out. It is certainly better than a Romex pigtail that dissapears into the wall. I would fail that.