Eneris offers InterNACHI discount on reporting software

(Nick Gromicko, CMI) #1
0 Likes

(Jeffrey R. Jonas) #2

Well, I have to admit their PRIVACY POLICY is one of the better I’ve seen offered by Vendors looking for our business, but I do have concerns about this…

Transfer Of Data

Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.

If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.

Your consent to this Privacy Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.

Eneris Technologies Inc. will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Policy and no transfer of your Personal Data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Am I correct that this removes any protections that we enjoy from U.S. Laws??

0 Likes

(Nick Gromicko, CMI) #3

Yes, you are correct if you are Canadian. We process all Canadian data in Canada and Canadians don’t enjoy U.S. protection.

0 Likes

(Jeffrey R. Jonas) #4

That may be true, but this is a Canadian company you are endorsing to a primarily US Membership. All info goes to Canada, so US members information is at risk with zero protection enforceable with US protections.

0 Likes

(Joshua L. Frederick) #5

No sample report? ?

0 Likes

(Kingsley Tong) #6

We currently store report data in the United States using Amazon servers with industry-standard means of encryption. The statement in our Privacy Policy about data transfers to Canada are just to say that we may momentarily process it there, but US based inspection data at-rest is retained on cloud servers in the US, so yes, you would still enjoy your protections as outlined in your laws there.

Additionally, I’d like to emphasize that we aren’t a large conglomerate of a company by any means. Our only product is our property inspection software, so we have zero incentive to do anything with inspection data other than keep it protected and reliable for you guys.

0 Likes

(Kingsley Tong) #7

Added some links to sample reports on the home page.

Link to Web Based Sample Report

Link to PDF Sample Report

0 Likes

(Nick Gromicko, CMI) #8

Good point.

0 Likes