Errors & Ommission Insurance

Originally Posted By: dbush
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am new to the Home Inspection business in Missouri and I am wondering what people feel is an adequate amount of E&O Insurance. My limited legal ideas tells me that obviously the clause on the contract about the liability being limited to the amount of the inspection fee is not enough to cover my rear. Additionally, can anyone recommend a good company that costs under $4000 a year, which is the quote I got from my local insurance company. Thanks, Dave

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Hello Dave,

If you would like to check out the NACHI web site there is an insurance link on the main page.

http://nachi.org/insurance.htm

I have my insurance through Griffith Insurance in Media, PA. They have the best prices that I could find anywhere.

One word of caution. The reason the other companies are more expensive is that most cover the agent also for negligent referrals, where the insurance you receive from Griffith will not, it will only cover the inspection company and its employees.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Try FREA. Type www.frea.org. Check out their E&O.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hi Dave

Like Joe said I found FREA to be the best for the $. I went with a $1,000,000.00 It was less than $3000.00 for the year. But since you are a new inspector I think the cost is a little higher for you.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service