Prefered compnay

Originally Posted By: stephen walker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Is there a NACHI perferd company for E & O insurance? what should I look for in an insurance company? for Georgia.

Originally Posted By: gbell

No.

The choices for E&O Insurance are very slim. It is very expensive and god help you if you need to rely on it to defend you. They do what is best for the bottom line. Not what is best for the inspector or the industry.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Terry Porter

I’m glad this question was asked as I was going to post it anyways. Trying to do a feasibility study before I decide if this is a career path I want to follow, and am just now starting to do some research on insurance.

Can y'all provide me with some company names?

Also, GBell, you stated its expensive. Without quoting your exact expenses, would you mind throwing out a ballpark figure? Are we talking 2K-4K or 6K+?

Again, just trying to do a feasibility study and any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm located in N Texas.

Originally Posted By: mbartels

$4000.00 give or take

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Originally Posted By: jbehling

I think half the subjets on this board are about insurance, do a little search won’t take long to find ALLLLLLL the info you want. I know more about insurance now then I ever want to know… icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: gbell

The cost is going to be adjusted depending on your experience and training.

I would say 3-4 k.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: kvissage

Terry,

One of the things you may want to add to your feasibility study is competition in your market. We've quite a bit in N. TX. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

One of the company's for insurance that writes for new inspectors in TX is FREA. Here's their link: www.frea.com. My belief is that insurance is just a cost of doing business that you can't go without, unless you are a gambler and perfect. Our Litigious society is always looking for the way to take someone to the cleaners.

You might consider meeting some of us. There is a N. TX chapter of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors. Here's the link to us: http://www.nttarei.org/. Click on News to find out about our meeting date, time and place. You can come as a guest.

Good luck with your decision.

Karen

Originally Posted By: psmothers

We use FREA here in Louisiana also. About 3 months ago they raised rates here leaving us with around $5000 for the first year and then around $4200 after that provided you dont have any claims.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

stephen walker wrote:
Is there a NACHI perferd company for E & O insurance? what should I look for in an insurance company? for Georgia.

Stephen,

To the best of my knowledge NACHI does not have a preferred E&O provider. Try using the search function at the top of this bb forum and type in E&O. Get ready to read for a couple of hours.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Stephen:

NACHI does not prefer one company over another.

We do recommend you stay away from Michael Napadow (or whatever other name he is currently using) and Nations Hazard, Hartford Casualty Insurance , etc...

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.