Exterior Bricking

Originally Posted By: msaari
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I Inspected a 10 year old all brick home last week. The lowest cord of brick work nearest the ground was all dilapidated and breaking apart. I found a loose brick with the inscription “Darlington”. I checked for recalls and could not find anything on brick recalls. Has anyone else seen such a strange occurrence? I still don’t know what caused the brick to deteriorate? Does anyone have any ideas?

Originally Posted By: anatol polillo

Probably the name of the builder or brick maker. My garage has a brick with the name of the developer of my neighborhood.

Anatol

Originally Posted By: mpetner

Holy Mackeral! How much did that fish weigh?

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Darlington Brick & Clay Products

PO Box 346

Darlington, PA 16115

Phone: (724) 827-2121

Toll Free: (888) 242-0321

Fax: (724) 827-2974

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: msaari

Kevin, thank you for the address to Darlington Brick… I really like this NACHI organization alot. As for the fish, it weighed enough to make me sit down and finish my beer.

You guys are great, thanks alot..

Lastly, I must tell you all, I was a prior NAHI member, and was searching for a new organization and was investigating ASHI. s#!t (French) really downplays our organization and I dont respect that of them at all. I have never felt more a part of something as this organization has made me feel. Just wanted to take the time to say thank you.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

msaari wrote:
... ASHI. s#!t (French) really downplays our organization and I dont respect that of them at all.

They dont realize it, but they are shooting themselves in the foot ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: Vince Santos

Is that a salmon?

Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.

–Kahlil Gibran