Face-up Receps

The code says no face-up receps at countertops and similar work surfaces. This face-up recep is above a book case in a finished room above the garage. Is this OK or not?



They don’t look like approved floor receptacles. Therefore prone to damage.


I don;t know of any code that would require a floor receptacle in a spot like that.

What makes that any more likely to be damaged than one in the wall right above it?
IMO one in the wall right there is more prone to be damaged.

I would recommend GFI protection. Just incase someone spills their drink or knocks over the bong. I would perfer a metal cover for protection.

You’re kidding, right? I suppose I need one for my computer just in case my beer falls off the desk and hits the surge protector…:roll:

Tha’s a gude idee…ah. I been there 'n dun it!(X}) (X}) (X})

MAN I sometimes wish I could give out red and greens.
This post is definitely GREEN worthy!

Blaine…you need to get a new computer. The fancy ones they make now-a-days have a neat little drink tray that comes out when you push the button. I just don’t know why they don’t have a coaster installed on it…:mrgreen:


I gave Blaine one on your behalf


:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dern, I knowed that thang wuz fer sumthin. Mine broke though when is sat my big ole beer mug on it. That wuz when my beer hit the surge protector…:wink: :smiley: :smiley: