Fast action needed from members!

Spoken like a licensed contractor. Just one question: Does a window washing business that employs 37 employees have to have special education and training to run their business and supervise employees? How about a dry cleaning business with employees- do they need specialized training on how to run a business and supervise employees? Back to your argument: Apparently, the legislature did think that contractors did need specialized training on how to run a business and supervise employees. :wink: Just another alternate opinion of the facts.

Sorry! That was too easy and I just couldn’t keep myself from swinging at the pitch in the dirt.

Can I get a: Amen!

Even though it is not better for me I will testify Brother Fred.

AMEN

You see I stand up for what is right not JUST what is best for me personally.

There is a huge difference. :smiley:

Love the input! LOVE IT!..thanks for ideas. I can see the points of view and the ideas of the majority. I backed up the bill, not because I thought it would go through, but because it now has people interested and getting off the fence and giving me their opinions and guideance. It is not about WHAT I WANT, it is about WHAT you want. I promise to listen and make judgements that will further the profession in the right direction. Thanks for the input. I will post a survey to get it fine tuned.

Thanks!

Sorry to say Greg they already can and there is right now an amendment to 489 (added March 1st) that strengthens this.

The “Jim Walters” exemption has been attacked many times and is always up held there fore the only course of action that has a chance is to grab for the same exemption and allow us to use employees as contractors do.

It may be possible to require that the employee has 3 hours of WM training but you will not get more than that. I’m just say’n larger groups with more money than us have tried and failed many times.

Niether does that statement

Yet, the manditory CE classes have not yet been laid out.

Greg, I could not agree more with you. We need to be limiting the ability of unlicensed employees from performing these inspections. Not wasting our time, because a couple of Multi-inspector firms want to hire unlicensed employees.

Our industry is under threat.

Citizens is already implemented a policy that once a property has be re-inspected. No privately purchased WM will be excepted. The homeowner MUST PAY the reinspection firm for any new inspection or to return and dispute the re-inspection.

Follow that to the next step, where Insurance providers can dictate who they will or won’t except inspections from.

You think these re-inspection firms are not going to offer Home Inspections?

Hey for the record call me on these issues. I have not been on the forums and I opposed this. In July there is a bill to take away the ability for employees of licensed people to be able to do wind mits across the board.

Oh oh I think you just let Russel’s surprise out :slight_smile:

LMAO…everything is not what it seems…I am not upset by the adverse action, it did not go through. But that is according to plan. We cannot show our hands in the open where all can see it. But lets just way, we should be win win…again.

Complete and total nonsense, give me a break, pest control operators can hire pest control techs, Barbers can hire other barbers, and HI’s can and do hire other HI’s. The point I am making here is that you are an idiot for espousing such a stupid opinion in this forum. Grow up and go away.

I was just busting your balls :slight_smile:

I really do not care to much anymore. There are literately thousands upon thousands who now do them and they are barely profitable as is. You all want to hire “Employees” to do them in the retail market go ahead.

I doubt I ever will because is does not seem like a profitable endever to me.