Federal Pacific Panels

H to all,

I guess I asked for that, too funny :mrgreen:

Regards

Gerry

It was certainly a good point. . .

The mercury Bob Cat was the same car sold in Canada with name and grill change every thing was interchangable .
Roy Cooke

Gerry,
You actually own a bomb with a car wrapped around it! :wink:

As to your comment about Zinsco, I see that HD also stocks replacement breakers for Square D. Good thing, as I had to get one recently!

Greg,
Although they are supposedly safer, they are old. In some instances, they are also part of a two-wire system where no ground is present. That is another can of worms!

Jerry,
I had a lady in Fort Mill that said her agent told her they wouldn’t insure a house with a FPE panel.
I have one in my house and haven’t had any problems. The breakers trip when overloaded and the bus looks good. I’ll still change it out the first time I need to add something.

In response to the question about why not to just replace the FPE Stab Lok breakers with the new Home Depot FPE breakers. …it is the Cost…
Compare a new FPE breaker (this applies to Zinsco also) to the other brands like Siemens, Square D, General Electric, etc. These breakers cost considerably more.

Why? Because they are only made for the replacement market of which there is alot less demand. These are not being installed in new construction homes.

It is more economical to purchase a popular name brand panel with main and the breakers just because they sell alot more.

I always recommend replacement of these FPE panels with Stab Lok breakers.