Feedback.

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Since the release of The National Inspector Examination?, I’ve been busy calling people to inform them of their results, and to get feedback. I’ve also enjoyed feedback about the site as a whole, and have been working on the suggestions that some NACHI members gave me. This message board is one such suggestion.

If you have any questions or suggestions about NACHI.ORG, The National Inspector Examination?, our Message Boards, or any other element of NACHI.ORG feel free to respond here, or e-mail me.

Enjoy!

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://2xxYijwxa5Qu4SaJDo8EwaPfVVC.html)

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

After having taken the NIE, reviewing several portions of the NACHI site and submitting several spelling/grammar issues to Nick, I must have missed this one. I think I’d make it disappear until the above mentioned issues were taken care of.

FROM THE NACHIFAQ

What can I do to improve the appearance of my inspection report?

First impressions are everything. The front cover page of your inspection report should be about the home your inspecting, not you and your company. Take a photograph of the front of the home and use it on the front cover page of your report. You can use a digital camera if you know how. Some inspectors use digital photographs throughout their entire report. A front photo also makes it easier to remember the home if you have to refer to the report later. You should also learn to spell recepticle...receptical...receptacle...??????? Correct answer is: receptacle. If you are too lazy and dumb to commit it to memory...click here now!

There are to many spelling and grammatical errors on this site for it to be throwing stones.

Remember the glass house story.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

I was going to edit the above post but the system wouldn’t let me.

I wanted to add that you probably ought to set the posting clock to the right time. I posted at 9:52 AM Eastern time. My post indicates it was posted at 1:50 PM.

Unless the site is based in Greenland or the UK or wherever is 4 hours ahead of Eastern Standard time, me thinks your clock is a little off.

Any chance of getting a bigger posting window so we can use bigger font. My poor tired old eyes have to strain to see this stuff, especially with the white on blue. Heck, I'll probably miss some errors on my part, just cause I can't see them.

--
Erby Crofutt
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

One of the suggestions I passed to Nick was to split the site, OBVIOUSLY, for consumers and for inspectors. After careful review, I find that he had already done that with NACHI.ORG for Inspectors and HOUSEWIZ.BIZ for consumers. Cool, but it should be more obvious. If you also work with Nick on Housewiz.biz, I would suggest the following:

1. Make the member list of featured inspectors sorted first by state, then by name. Consumers looking for an inspector don't look alphabetically by name. They look for City & State, then, perhaps, by name. Make the web site links on the list more obvious.

2. When I selected the "Find a Qualified Inspector" link on Housewiz.biz, it takes me to the NACHI.ORG Homepage, which purportedly has "nothing of interest to the consumer." Why not have that link go directly to the featured member list, sorted by state and then name.

My suggestion would be to put an obvious link to the other site at the top of both sites, i.e.,

HOME INSPECTORS:

Housewiz.biz is a consumer information site. If you are an Home Inpsector, check the NACHI site for Home Inspectors.

CONSUMERS:

NACHI.org is a Home Inspector's Information site. If you are a consumer, check the Housewiz.biz site for consumer information about Home Buying and Home Selling.

3. Have the Housewiz.biz "Find a Qualified Inspector" link go directly to the Featured member list.

--
Erby Crofutt
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Great advice. Will do. Nick.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

:wink:

Erby Crofutt

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jmyers

I am thoroughly impressed with the technology NACHI has provided to its members with the online test. Unlike other associations which pretty much leave it all up to the member at a very high cost. The free exam is just another reason I am glad I joined the best.

Keep up the good work!

--
Joe Myers
A & N Inspections, Inc.
http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

What can we do to help promote NACHI? I mean from the standpoint of legislative recognition. ASHI is all over the place. We need a way to get even ONE lawmaker to either confer with us or mention us.

The NIE is nice. The org is cool and has its members at heart. But, if we really want to crank it up a notch, we need a strategy. Especially with Nick stepping down at the end of the year. Are there local chapters? Member lists, mailings, etc?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Daniel Keogh

How about a natinal conferance and press releases to adertise. Maybe some cable TV spots, How about contacting Habitate for humanity and doing some free work for them and getting some news paper and TV coverage. And just doing a good job be positive don’t trash talk like so many inspectors seem to do.

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

There’s a certain “critical mass” that NACHI needed to reach before anything could really happen. The NIE was somewhat of a result of our reaching that critical mass. I’d imagine that NACHI will soon have nearly the same amount (or more) of both name and legislative recognition as ASHI.

Right now, quite a few discussions are taking place on these topics. I'm also going to start pushing Nick to stick around a little while longer. I think that starting this coming summer, you guys should start seeing some real changes.

One thing that will never change is our dedication to our members. It's hard to keep our "mom and pop business" feel in such a large organization. This occasionally slows us down because we feel it?s necessary for people like Nick and I to actually keep a dialogue with members. In the end, I think that this is a much better way to run things.

I think Dan pointed out one of the most important parts to our success. If you simply do the best you can: don?t compromise for anyone, be positive, don?t talk trash, produce superior reports, et cetera, you?ll take part in building NACHI's name.

Thanks for wanting to help out,

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: Ben Gromicko

I’ve been on the ASHI Member Only Discussion Board, and it does not compare to NACHI’s Message Board here.

This message board is great, very easy to use and understand. Fun.

ASHI’s needs help.

For those non-ASHI inspectors out there, you’re not missin’ much.

One thing ASHI does have is alot more participation. In one day I had over 1,000 new messages and posts available to me to read. NACHI needs to get more inspectors visiting and posting.

But a once-a-week-visit is about all I can do.

--
Benjamin John Gromicko
Vice-President,
PEACH Inspections
NACHI & ASHI Member

Ben,

It could be that our members are just better trained and better educated. After all, most of our inspectors are the best in the world. ASHI should thank us for raising the quality of home inspectors to this level.

Joe Myers

Once the new NACHI.org is up, I’m going to promote this message board more. Right now there are only a few posts a day, but that’s how they all start out.

Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: jremas

I am in the middle of posting on every single subject to get the message board more active. Hopefully this will work. It has been dead.

I’ve noticed that… let’s see if we can get some action going.

Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

The old memberlist didn’t differentiate between websites and e-mail addresses. The new memberlist will, and we will use it to create a electronic mailing list. This will include web updates along with articles and “what’s new” items. The new website will also display “what’s new” items on the front page, which will make it easy for people to quickly check that new information.

Chris Morrell

I’d love to see a once a week HTML E-mail summary of the message board, just to kinda remind people that it’s there. Similar to what inspectionnews and MikeHolt.com provide.

Erby

Originally Posted By: Ed Porter

icon_sad.gif

Did I miss something by being new to NACHI? Has Nick left the building?

Who will be at the helm of this fast growing ship?

Ed Porter

Cornerstone Home Inspection Services

Grand Haven, MI

Ed,

Nick is still at the helm you did not miss anything. He has been looking for his replacement for years.

Joe Myers