Female Inspectors?!

Lots. They are just smart enough to not run their mouths like some of us fellas tend to. Good Luck.

I would rather work with a young smart female anyway over any man. You ever decide to move to Florida let me know I can’t take the heat and am looking for someone to train and eventually do all the field work :slight_smile:

Get and carry a gun with you on ALL inspections.
Concealed but easy to get to.
For Real.

Meeker, she’s in Canada. Isn’t not allowed.

We once had a famous female home inspector that was a world famous cookbook author (check out how the guys went gaga over her)
The big helper of the inspector world (Roy Cooke) his wife (Char) and his friend (Raymond Wadd) trashed her.
You’d be better off contacting inspectors individually than seeking advice on the open forum.

One of the best Inspectors that has ever worked for my Office was a woman.
She was 25 ?? at the time with a great deal of construction experience.
Clients were many times surprised and then overwhelmed by her knowledge and expertise.

Linas, was she the same employee that hacked into your computer and wrote some derogatory statements about a members wife?

If so it’s a good thing that you took the appropriate measures and terminated her employment from your company.

The “we” Linas is referring to were participants of the InterNachi message board. Wendy is her name.

Let Ray and Roy fill you in.

I know. I was referring to an incident that happened about a year ago.:mrgreen:

That was an unrelated issue.
Her name was Lucy.

Well, regardless. I’m glad you got the situation under control.

Thanks Dave,
I couldn’t have gotten through this nightmare without your support and guidance.
You are a lifesaver.

Now, back to Wendy.

Were you being facetious or just stereotyping based on gender? I get paid to pay very close attention, avoid liability, and provide for my family.

ABSOLUTELY,

You are correct…
A Woman Inspector was one of my best in Marketing and Inspection.
Nick G tried to hire her away from me… :slight_smile: … at one point for the NACHI Org.

Qualified Women Inspectors are an exponential professional Asset to the HI Business.
The resumes (when received) should be reviewed accordingly…

Thank you, Joseph.

Hank, I did not mean to offend. To avoid over generalizing the entire male population, I did use the words “generally” and “I think”.

If you have ever taken any college level psychology courses (as I have in earning my M.Ed) you would know that it is acceptable to make general broad blanket statements (the key is to avoid the words “all”, “always”, …). I did not say that all women are more detail oriented than all men.

There is an entire branch of neuroscience (“neuroscience of sex differences”) dedicated to discovering the differences between male and female brains and how they approach situations. I had to learn about these differences when becoming an elementary school teacher because a good teacher will address and embrace gender cognitive differences rather than ignore them. I was simply using this psychology and education knowledge gained when earning my degrees when making my statement.

You can read just one tidbit about this field of neuroscience in the Journal of Neuroscience http://www.jneurosci.org/content/32/7/2241.full

I remember an episode of Emeril when he was preparing fish.
He said fish shouldn’t smell “fishy”, if it smells fishy, it shouldn’t be eaten.

My granddaughter is apprenticing with me and it is great to have her woman’s eye on things she hags met several other women inspectors at different meetings who have encouraged her I enjoy working with her as a team and will miss her as she is on maternity leave getting ready to give me a great grandson who we plan on starting his education soon. No Gogo just inspector talk

Hi Jeanet,

I appreciate your reply. I’m sure your education and training come in handy in a variety of instances.

In my opinion, male property inspectors should be different than what you perceive the male population to be, in general.

Therefore, I will respectfully mention I think you made an incorrect inference and oversimplication of males that were unnecessarily attributed to male property inspectors.

Hank

In general women and men look at things differently. Nobody is going to deny that, especially since the brains are different. This could be mostly perception but there is no doubt that many people like the women on my team. I am currently considering hiring a nearly deaf girl, she believes she sees more than most and that is probably true also.

Hey Michael,
I was looking through this forum for some good ideas for female inspectors when I came across your post. I’ve been with InterNACHI for 2 years, and I’ve had my license for a year. I’ve recently been looking to join an established team of inspectors and I happen to be here in Central Florida.

If you’re still looking for someone to train and you’d like to work with a smart young female inspector you can give me a call at 407-486-9584, or email cheyenne@casteelinspections.com

I’m very ambitious, I learn fast, and I’m easy to work with. If you’re still here in Florida, I look forward to talking with you.

Thanks,
Cheyenne Casteel