Fibertite roofing Membrane

How many in the South and East Coast are familiar with this roofing system?

http://seamannewsroom.com/ftnews/vol1issue1/

Haven’t come across it yet.

They claim it has been out for 30 years and wonder about it’s performance and longevity.

Thanks in advance.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

“FiberTite® Versus TPO: Rooftop Performance that Beats the Test of Time”

if they say it, it must be true… right?

Seriously though, haven’t seen it. Sorry

Seaman Corp., based out of Florida, I believe.

They sort of were the predassesor to Duro-Last roofing membrane. From what I have heard, even as long as 20 + years ago, it is a good single ply membrane. I used to have a comparison sheet, but that was years ago, so I don’t remember if Duro-Lasts marketing sold directly against them. I think not, because anything that could have been said negatively about an extremely similar product, would have also been ammo against them, if I remember correctly.

Slightly different chemical make-up, but I don’t think it is a TPO.

Check out the roofing material guide put out by the NRCA.

Basically, what I am saying without having 1st hand experience with that actual named brand product, is that I believe it holds up very well. Everything is conditional on the installers hot air seam welding abilities though.

Is this just a general question, or one specific to an inspection you must do?

Ed

Thanks Guys,
Ed this is just a general question and one could call it education, so if I do see it, I will recognize it right away.
Being associated with Commercial roofing all the time, something like this always picks up my interests, if you know what I mean.
I am the answer guy for my Company more or less, so have to stay on top of it. ha. ha.

Always interested in different roofing Products anyways.
It is a Product that meets the Green Reflectivity, and this is the wave of the future coming up.

Thanks for your help.

Marcel :slight_smile:
</IMG>

Marcel,

Here is a discussion thread I discoverd by Googling Duro-Last vs. Fibertite.

http://www.rooferscoffeeshop.com/forums/viewreplies.asp?TopicID=355

I was correct, from reading partially way through the thread. At the earliest stages, Seaman Corp. produced the scrim for the Duro-Last membrane. C-Ply from Bond Cote was one of their first privately labeled membranes sold under the D-L brand name.

Seaman saw the success of the D-L membrane, and followed up with integrating an elvaloy pvc coating as the scrim plasticiser membrane.

D-L now in house makes its components and accessories. Fibertite is not a custom fit membrane, uniquely ordered on a per job basis as is D-L, but with 20’ x 100’ sheets, seam quantity would tend to be low in the first place.

Ed

I’ve seen a little of this, on a couple of commercial hi-rise upgrades, and on some new condos in the area. Haven’t seen any older installs around here. Talked to the builder of the condos, and his company does a lot of big commercial stuff, and he swears by it. By all appearances, it’s durable stuff just like they say…about the only way it can be scewed up is with a bad install…imagine that. Like all similar materials, it’s gotta be prepped and laid down right and seamed correctly.