finding treasure

Originally Posted By: Marie Guerrieri
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi All,

I was wondering if any one has every found things in attics, duct work, or crawl spaces besides critters? I read once about a AC contractor found a valuable set of old silverwear that someone had stashed in the duct work years before. It was worth a lot of money! Once, I climbed in the attic of the house I owned in Tennessee to dosome wiring and found a necklace with a silver arrowhead pendent on it. That was cool. I was just curious about whether anyone else had ever come across forgotten loot before. Have a good night.

Marie

Originally Posted By: kluce

Bought a house in Kentucky, took out the furnace and ductwork that was all wrong, and found a Coca-Cola platter under the duct work from 1923. I put on ebay and sold for $109.00. I know this wasn’t much but It was like finding $109.00 in cash. This was found 5 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I was doing a house that was all set up for an estate sale and found 19 cans of R-12 refrigerant, priced at 50 cents each for the sale. The sale was the next day. I “hid” the cans behind a bunch of other junk for the sale and returned the next morning and bought them. R-12 was about $25 per pound at the time, so I made quite a nice profit, and kept 5 just for my old truck I had at the time. icon_biggrin.gif

Blaine

Originally Posted By: Marie Guerrieri

Good Morning All!

Blaine, you are so bad! But I admit I have done that before. I used to work at “Rural King” in TN and if I found something I wanted, and there was only one left, I hide that thing until I could get it! Kevin, that was a good find! Coca-cola items are really in demand right now! especially the original stuff! By the way, I have a cousin named Kevin.

You guys have a great day!

Marie