To follow-up Mr. Paul Roebuck’s post regarding our new local TPREIA Chapter.
For all fellow inspectors in the Greater Austin, Texas area that could not attend our 1st official gathering of the TPREIA Greater Austin Chapter (TGAC), you missed out on several enjoyable hours of comrade. For all who were able to join us for the first TGAC meeting, we are looking forward to meeting up with you again each and every month to ensure we are endeavoring two of TPREIA’s directives of continuing education and assisting one another to ensure the inspection industry as a whole is improved while the general public is better served. And remember TPREIA members earn CEUs simply for being a chapter member and listening to something you likely already want to hear all while enjoying a good dinner. Also, these credits are much harder to come by as recently re-evaluated by TREC, TPREIA has/is going the extra mile to ensure we are a go in this regard without regulatory surprises.
A few quick bullets of the success of the initial meeting:
- Head count of 22
- 3 of which account for ancillary services to home inspection.
- 8 first-time members decided TPREIA is the “place to be connected”
- With this kind of continued growth we will be looking for a much bigger & better venue.
One guest summed it up best “I like that no one is holding their cards tight to the chest here.” We really could not have said it any better, so come out and see for yourself.
Guest Educational Speaker:
Thank You Mike for an educational, interesting, and humorous trek through some of your inspections! (see the attached photos)
Mike Cothran is the past TPREIA State president and current Vice-President of Membership & Founder, President and CIO of MLC Real Estate Inspections
List of the festivities:
30 minutes of networking
15 minutes discussion of TREC changes
45 minutes of Mike Cothran’s “War Stories from the field”
- Safety checklist review for service/distribution panel inspection
- Be on the lookout for Cross-connects, they can be anywhere!
- Exterior movement, it can be dangerous, too!
- Flying buttresses versus arches, the need for lentils
- Insulated attics & HVAC equipment to look out for
- as well as many other amusing examples of “Who can tell me what this is?”
TPREIA Greater Austin Chapter (TGAC) has a standing monthly meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Logan’s Roadhouse @ 3702 Parker Rd. Round Rock, Texas (NW corner of I-35 & 45)
with an Agenda:
- Networking @ 6PM
- Dinner @ 6:30
- New TREC News
- TPREIA information
- TGAC introduction
- Sponsor introductions
- Guest Educational Speaker
- Q & A
- Drawing giveaways
- Membership Q & A
- Last minute networking
- Call it a night!