Flashlight Battery Recommendations Please

I got the Fenix LR35R and even on a lower setting it will not last a whole inspection. I currently use Streamlight and I love it. They have a piggyback charger and the flashlight with 2 batteries for $140. I love it. They call it the cop light.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-75458-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Piggyback/dp/B00BD9OKC6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=11RVE924O57FT&keywords=stream+lights+flashlight&qid=1639236179&sprefix=stream+li%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-5

The only reason why I was replacing it was because it is a big flashlight and one of the 2 buttons got worn out over 1000 inspections and 4 years of use. I don’t mind a big flashlight tho. I do a lot of inspections in shady areas of Lansing and it makes for a good defense tool if needed.

1 Like

Brian,

I have been using 18650 batteries for years. I have found that NITECORE brand are most reliable. I have also used FENIX as I have a lt of their lights and the are good too. I have just found that when comparing their life after regular charging cycles the NITECORE have been better for me. I use 3400 mAh or 5000 mAh and I get multiple inspections out of a charge. I write the year on the battery and I am still using one from 2018. It probably helps that I have multiple batteries so it is not just one being used/charged every time.

2 Likes

I have used FENIX lights for 7-8 years and agree with durability. I have dropped my PD35TAC off of ladders while getting into garage access attics and it still runs.

I did have my first PD36R fail the first week I was using it. I suspect it was just a def unit, and again the first one I have ever had. FENIX provides 5 year warranty.

1 Like

I realize this thread is about batteries, and I honestly don’t bother getting acquainted with them beyond do they charge/recharge properly and do they last a full inspection? I have about 5 pairs charged and ready to go at any given time. Most all are cheap China made, and when they fail, I replace them as necessary. I have too many other more important things to concern myself with on any given day. Like any other tool, always be prepared for tool failure and keep moving forward!

With that being said, I am eyeballing this for my personal ‘Stocking Stuffer’ this year…

2 Likes

I like the Fenix brand. Had one that I used 1000s of times, the port failed, Fenix replaced it no problem. Any electronic USB port fails after that much use. Have a headlamp, smaller everyday 950 lumen flashlight and a 10,000 lumen for very high ceilings. Have a 900 lumen streamlight good as well, but the particular button function is awkward. The cheaper flashlights give incorrect lumen ratings from what I have seen.

I prefer the charging ports, less hassle. Car chargers help. The Fenix strobe functions make for very potent personal defense usage.

1 Like

They don’t make them like this anymore, it still shows a fraction of a volt!

1 Like

I have not seen one of those since I was a kid!

1 Like

I use StreamLight Stinger HPL. Rechargeable. Lasts several inspections.

1 Like