Flashlight

Most modern flashlights, such as the Mag-light, have a place for a spare in the bottom cap. Am never without a spare.

Also, a flashlight is one of many tools of our trade. Carry a spare in your tool kit.

Get with the program dude!!!

Hey get the Ray o Vac and save a few bucks dude.
No need to change batteries and bulbs all the time and you can take your lady for a nice dinner plus have some left over to to go to a show.

We will see what Dale thinks when it arrives.

I have:

2 Stinger’s, use all time (1 over 3 years, never changed bulb yet, not yet replaced batteries)
1 Mag, use occasionally (over 5 years, changed bulb once)
1 LED, use very rarely

I will keep your recomendation in mind for future needs.

it’s getting deep here fast…:twisted:

They are quite heavy…

I have two Ultra Stinger flashlights. The first was purchased almost six years ago and the rubber button is split open making it difficult to turn the light off and on. The second once has the NACHI logo and was purchased here at a great price.

Vince, send it to the factory. Over the years, they fixed several of mine up real nice, gratis.

Just small and easy to lose.
I personally could care less what flashlight anyone uses , but hate to see money wasted.

I have lost more flashlights than any other tool over the years.

Must admit it is silly to argue flashlights :roll:

:p:twisted:;):smiley:

Yeah you probably do use film don’t you.

“excuse me but your report will be ready when they finish developing the film sometime next week”:shock:

Those 3 light testers are going to catch up fast as I lost 3 or 4 of them last year.

Actually, yes I do. Just not for inspecting, or everyday kinda stuff. It’s kinda like old movies, on film vs video tape… that has a certain feel to it! The problem is, it is getting more and more difficult to find quality developers. I really don’t want to get into developing my own.

I kinda know the feeling, with my giant stack of LP’s up in the attic.

They say the same thing about the old tube stereo’s.

I do not miss the snap,crackle and pop of either old school tech.

It was only several years ago photographers were arguing the merits of film .

I took Condo Bobs advise and bought a Rayovac 4 Watt Sportsman Xtreme 150 Lumens, L.E.D, which uses 3 C Batteries.

Here is a picture of the Rayovac and Ultra Stinger side by side on a wall in my house, the Rayovac puts out so much light it drowns out the Stinger…for $27.00 it’s the best flashlight I have ever bought.

I used it in an Attic today, I’ll never use anything else, incredible light from a small lightweight Flashlight…at least three times as bright as the Stinger fully charged.

Naturally the bright one is the Rayovac on my chair…freaking thing puts out so much light I couldn’t even tell the Ultra Stinger was even on----:shock:

Something is wrong with your Stinger dude, but I am sure you have heard this before.

Dale,

The center spot appears brighter in the Rayovac, but what about the overall light in complete darkness?

Totaly agree. Classic sign of a bad/ weak battery. Hope you get your “stinger” fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

WRONG DUDE…!!..

I had ALL the lights on in the room, the Stinger is fully charged, the Rayovac is so bright next to the stinger you can’t even see the beam on the Stinger…:twisted:

I’m getting one now lol. I hate my stinger. The battery doesn’t last worth anything. How much and where did you get yours Dale?

Pick it up at ACE.

I was recently in the market for a new brighter flashlight. I was tempted to buy an ultrastinger, since most inspectors rave about how great they are, but I couldn’t justify spending that kinda money on a flashlight that needs recharged every hour or so and has such a short bulb life.

I happened to stop into my local Lowe’s store and found a 150 Lumens 3 watt LED for about $26.00. I liked it so much I went back and got another one for a back-up.

I later found a pretty informative review on-line about the flashlight, here is the link: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/taskforce_3w2c.htm

Although it is quite bright, I haven’t caught anything on fire yet, LOL.