Flashlights

Originally Posted By: bkelly1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am looking at the ultra stinger, or the commander 8nx by surefire. http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/942/sesent/00

Anyone have an idea which is best. The 8nx is 151.00. I am looking for something in crawl spaces

Originally Posted By: dbush

Ben, actually, one of the best things I have found for crawlspaces is a $39.95 Garrity rechargeable flashlight from Walmart. They have car or 110 volt chargers, and are 1,000,000 candlepower. They are a little bulky, but they work for me.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

What kind of run time Dave? Thanks for the quick response, I am thinking of ordering tonight.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Provided you charge them up, I get at least an attic and crawlspace out of them; occasionally two of each. I have two of them, so I just use one at each house per day.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Love my Stinger.

But I'm with Dave. The 1 million candles are sweet.

(Also economical to replace when you forget it at a house!) But I am SURE we never do that right? ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

No sir, I'm not on my 3rd. Not me.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

I bought a Night Tracker from Cabelas several years ago. Think i paid about $100 for it. 1,000,000 candlepower. Holds the battery for up to 3 hrs.

To be honest, its a little bulky but i've used my flashlights many times and left the tracker in the truck, for no other reason than for convieneice.

I've gone out there months later to use it and the thing still had held a decent charge. Glad i bought it as its great to know its there as back up, but the mag lights do the job for me most of the time.

For the really crappy crawlspaces, the Tracker is weather proof and has the big handle on top. You can lean on in a crawl space when need be. Nice light.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: lkage

I really like the Steamlight Ultra Stinger.

Weighs about a pound and lasts a couple hours continuous.

I have two.

Least expensive place to buy I've found:

http://www.tacticalshop.com/browseproducts/Streamlight-ULTRA-STINGER-Flashlight.HTML

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

I currnetly have a vector 1,000,000. It is bulky, and has seemed to not stay charged as long. It has a flourescent bulb on top that is nice. I am not sure if the stinger would be enough light? The vector is on 40.00. I like the 1,000,000 cp also! It has saved some crawling around, for sure. It looks a little smaller than the Garrity.

http://swps.net/78001.html… stinger and both chargers was pretty cheap.

bkelly1 wrote:
http://swps.net/78001.html... stinger and both chargers was pretty cheap.

$15 cheaper at http://www.tacticalshop.com/browseproducts/Streamlight-ULTRA-STINGER-Flashlight.HTML

...and 75,000 candle power is enough for me considering the weight and compactness...always on my belt.

Another time I posted that some flashlights "weren't very bright and pulled my pants down." Someone else said it sounded like the perfect date. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Hey Larry,

Still got her phone number? ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

jwortham wrote:
Hey Larry,
Still got her phone number? ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

I laughed for a long time on that one... but her number is private...bug off! ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: cradan

Can’t speak for the Commander, never owned one. As mentioned above, you can’t go wrong with the UltraStinger. I use it for most of the residential inspection. 75,000 C.P. and a very high-quality, whitish light. Plenty of staying power, too. Unfortunately, there isn’t one flashlight that really “does it all.” Soooo…like Dave, I keep the 1,000,000 C.P. Vector for really dark, ugly spaces, and use the much smaller PolyStinger (30,000 C.P., I think) and a miner’s-type headlamp for close-in work inside panels, cabinets, etc.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: mpettitt

Ben, I’ve tried several big rechargeable flashlights, they all failed within a few months including the Garrity. Look this one up at: www.brinkmanncorp.com Its the big black one with yellow grip, has car and a/c charger, has removal battery. When the battery loses charge, you just pop in a new one. I have two of them with three batteries. They’ve held up for 6 months so far. I’ve dropped them on concrete twice, no problems. Downside: The batteries last about 20 minutes. Before I go into a crawl or attic, I’ll be sure to go in with a fresh battery. Other than that I’d do a commercial endorsing them. The full proper name is: Brinkman Q-beam Max Million II. Its a 2,000,000 candlepower and you can buy them a wal-mart for about $48.00. You can also order extra batteries which is the great part. I’m not one to spend the time promoting a product unless I really think its great. good luck, Mike Pettitt

Originally Posted By: chorne

I’m with Dave,

Walmart, $39
2 batteries, charger, 2,000,000 cp

Carla

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

I bought a 500,000 C/P Vector on sale at target for $20.00 or so. I have a voltage inverter in the truck and just plug it in when I drive ( fire hazard with the 12 volt charger). I can get two or three attics as the one I have has three settings.

Originally Posted By: rgippner

Hello All:

I love this light: Coast V16 lenser

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/brandsplace/0246-ccc7460.html

Although I was shocked to see what they go for on the internet. In northern California we have an electronics chain called Frys (always that that was a terrible name, as bad a fritz) but there they are $60.00

I have two. They run on "C" batteries and I've left one on for over a week and it's still going on the same bateries. The light is a little bluish washes out stains. There are some hybrid lights out there but they don't pack the punch that 16 LEDs do

Rick

Originally Posted By: msimmons

The ultra-stinger is great… just don’t drop them on a hard surface (realtors head) icon_lol.gif the bulbs go out… .

Mark A. Simmons

JAM Home Inspections. L.P.

Payson Arizona.

Serving ALL of Arizona.

Originally Posted By: hgordon

lkage wrote:

http://www.tacticalshop.com/browseproducts/Streamlight-ULTRA-STINGER-Flashlight.HTML

Larry, when is the last time you ordered from these folks? Did they deliver?

I have emailed them twice with questions before purchasing and have yet to get an anwers...its been 4 months!

What are your thoughts?

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

hgordon wrote:
lkage wrote:

Larry, when is the last time you ordered from these folks? Did they deliver?

I have emailed them twice with questions before purchasing and have yet to get an anwers...its been 4 months!

What are your thoughts?

I bought one online from them a couple of months ago and it was delivered in 4 to 5 days.

I never tried to email them though.

I ordered the flashlight only because I already have the AC and DC chargers from the first flashlight. Oh, and I also ordered some extra bulbs. I've dropped it 6 times or so, always a hard surface, and the bulb went out once.

I was very pleased with the transaction.

--
Galileo Galilei