Flint (Goodbye Paypal)

I never heard of this company either, I’ll check it out Steve…thanks.

Seems fair, Billy…thanks.

If anybody has a Paypal account, they have done the exact same thing. Linked their bank account to the paypal account.

Yeah and how many times do you risk doing that every time some new place comes along ?

I’ve had people ask me who is accepting the charge, everyone knows the word PayPal and also Square, might be a tough sell for the others, but I’ll look into them.

Like everyone else said, cash is king and checks are the next best thing…I prefer the first, but seldom do I run into anyone with several hundred on them. Most can’t even get several hundred out of an ATM, depending on their bank policies…but I try—:slight_smile:

Paypal does not require your bank info as the payee. They allow you to check out with credit or debit. I just told my girl who buys most things online and she said no way. How often Steve do you get people to give up their bank account info for the system you’re using? If I could get them to do it heck ya I would but I just don’t see many giving up their information especially since it cost them nothing to use their CC or debit card… it cost us.

Billy, you have their checking account info when you receive a check, the routing number and account number.

I personally trust only places that use PayPal on line and if I was purchasing anything that said it was going through a outfit like “Flint” which nobody has heard of despite your claim of popularity (where do you get that from ) I would pass and go some other place to purchase to avoid risk.

Stephens monologue about trying new things or taking risk is not something I would wish to do with my hard earned money.
Let others be the Guinea pigs to save a couple bucks and let me know in a few years if they are still around.

So many people already have Paypal accounts so I look at it as a non-issue. I would rather take cash / check but there is the odd occasion that someone needs another option at the last minute. Fine as long as it doesn’t cost ME money.

You take care of your one time client’s money. I would rather take care of my money. :shock:

I bet you were saying the same thing about PayPal when it started and yet you steadfastly support it now. It’s OK Bob, we will drag you kicking and screaming into the future. :wink:

PayPal is the future ,you own stock in skin flint ?..lol

Just how much money will the noname save you in a year it is worth risk.
Did not use PayPal till well trusted.

I seem to recall it was founded by EBay as a way to pay for purchases and I spent much time researching before selecting them.

Only one or two dozen clients paid that way last year.

Been a few years since some client claimed they thought they could pay on site by CC since I started putting methods in my confirmation emails.

Is’t the fee(s) charged tax-deductible, regardless?

Maybe in your neck of the woods but it’s not an odd occasion in these necks. All my inspections last week paid by CC. If I sent them a invoice requesting their bank info then I should of just told them to pay me by check… same thing.

Dale,

Do you charge more for a inspection if someone opts to use a credit card to pay?

I don’t advertise anything other than cash / check. Used Paypal twice last year, about $40 in fees. Only have Dwolla as a back up. Never lost an inspection because of refusal to take CC’s. Most smart Realtors tell their clients to put their credit cards away and not use them until the deal closes anyway. YMMV.

That’s cool Steve. Whatever works for you. I’m telling you here if you don’t accept CC’s you will loose business. To many out of state investors in my area and to many with little money to pay for closing cost. People want to put it on credit and pay later.

No I don’t exactly, but I ask how they will be paying, if I get that out of them, I usually just raise the fee a little when I’m speaking to them prior to the inspection, but don’t mention any additional fees associated with a CC.

They also usually ask what forms of payment I take, I say Cash, Check, or Debit-Credit in that order, but in the first email I ask them to please bring a check along with them for payment…but 50% forget, so I go the card route.

Like you, I get about 50% CC transactions, buyers are usually out-of-state or forget the Check…regardless, I want payment at the time of the inspection, I don’t except excesses, I’ve been burned in the past waiting for money from escrow…:twisted: :twisted:

I think the methods I use works out 99.9% of the time. But its always nice to have different payment acceptance avenues available, depending on the clients circumstances naturally.

It won’t be long before the US dollar will no longer be allowed for any purchase, the value is worth about nothing now. Soon everyone will be paying with Yen.

Bitcoin or some other digital currency is FAST approaching.

I’d really like to accept Gold-Silver as payment.—:stuck_out_tongue: I still have my digital measuring devices and calculator —:wink:

Are they ?

Hmmm.

That is actually against the law though you can give a discount for using cash.
Small difference I know but is what I have read through various sources.

you are allowed by law to charge the surcharge fee for a credit card being used.

I am pretty sure you are wrong.
maybe someone can research it .