Florida rules

I had an inspection done by a NACHI inspector for a wind inspection. My insurance company will not accept this type of a License. Any thoughts?

If he is a licensed home inspector and completed the required wind mitigation course, then they should accept the report.


  1. A home inspector licensed under s. 468.8314 who has completed at least 3 hours of hurricane
    mitigation training which includes hurricane mitigation techniques and compliance with the
    uniform mitigation verification form and completion of a proficiency exam. Thereafter, home
    inspectors licensed under s. 468.8314 must complete at least 2 hours of continuing education, as
    part of the existing licensure renewal requirements each year, related to mitigation inspection and
    the uniform mitigation form;

Have the inspector contact your insurance agent. They can work it out.