For the novice, wannabe Home Inspector with no previous experience with construction, HVAC, or electrical, What are good online resources to study before starting Home Inspection School?

For the novice, wannabe Home Inspector with no previous experience with construction, HVAC, or electrical, What are good online resources to study before even starting Home Inspection School?
Are there others out there who started from ground zero, with no previous experience? Please share your journey and any tips on how to get ahead with no previous experience. Thank you

Become an InterNACHI member, and get access to all the online education you could ask for. CE courses, webinars, the works. Simple as that… No other school needed.

4 Likes

Asked and answered many times over.
Grab a sparkling water and dive into the forum archives.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, John. Enjoy!! Become an InterNachi member, and your wishes will be granted. Good Luck. :grinning:

4 Likes

Welcome !!! Keep studying…learning never ends…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I wasn’t a novice when I started but I went through a couple online resources before InterNACHI. Hands down on education for home inspectors, InterNACHI has the best value for cost.

5 Likes

Thanks guys. I appreciate your responses and support. I watched and learned A LOT from watching just 1 InterNACHI “live” on-site inspection.

I’m going to dive in and watch more, then eventually contact a local home inspector and ask to do a ride-along after I feel a little more comfortable with the basics. THEN I’ll apply to get certified. It’ll be a process, but I want to do it well.

1 Like

Check out these links:
15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI®

How to Become a Certified Home Inspector - Free Home Inspector Webinar - InterNACHI®

This will get you heading in the right direction. Good Luck!

1 Like

That statement right there tells me you may likely succeed. One thing I have learned is that, at least starting out, you must be a good marketing person in addition to a good inspector. Be prepared to spend all of your non-inspection time working leads, making social media posts, calling on agents, fine tuning your software, doing record-keeping, continuing your education, and finding ways to make your business more efficient.

3 Likes