frustrated

I have accepted the fact that it is not cost affective to jump through the several hoops required by the state to fill out a WDO report. Now I need a pest control company that I can refur my clients to. I have made several calls to local companies and cannot find one that is willing to do them and possibly get a remediation job. I am hoping that someone on here will help me out with WDO inspections or tell me someone that will. Miami-Dade area.

Harold,
You will have to search far and wide…
My Brother (who passed away just over a year ago) was with Brandon Pest Control

for many years…

I recall speaking with him
about the uniqueness of Florida requirements over Pennsylvania
and why pest control companies were reluctant to give
any certification without a treatment record…

With that said…
good luck …
Southern States have unique differences as opposed to Northern States…
If you are not charging in excess of $ XXXX and Treating for a termite cert…
let the client / agent find their own company to certify…
your mileage may vary…

Call Guarantee Floridian. They are inexpensive and do most of the wdo inspections.
Also, make sure your clients pay them directly. Do not accept payment and then pay the termite company.

Thanks Eric

Tell your clients to ask their Realtor. Most of them know a WDO in the areas they sale.

Thanks Richard. I would do that with this client but he is a realtor. haha!

The problem I have with just telling them to ask the realtor is that they are going to give them a company that will do it all and I just lost a client. If I can at least tell them that I have a good termite guy it’s to my benefit. Whats frustrating is people want to hire one person to do it all so they don’t have to mess with scheduling several inspections. Its not fair that the state wont let us do WDO reports.

Develop a relationship with a few pest control companies. They are begging for business. I get called at least once a week by one of them.
If you wish to do WDO, get the training, insurance, etc. Since I did all of that already 20 years ago, I can tell you, it is much easier to give your clients a phone number and let the WDO inspector do it.
I could very easily activate my license but I do not want the liability or the cost.

Curious Eric, why can’t you include the WDO cost in your own contract and pay the inspector as a sub? Is there some kind a liability issue that has been abused?

Yes, there is.
You become the contractor and the termite inspector is the sub contractor. They make a mistake, you are responsible for it. You may be able to go after them later, but, you are still responsible. Had it happen to an inspection company I was working for.

Call Terminex