Gas heater I am not sure what this is. No info on unit

I inspected a home that had this gas heater mounted to the floor joist and the flames are just open with no covers. It looks

to me like something from a commercial building. But owner of building stated that it was installed a few years ago and was approved. This thing had no markings or manufacturer listed. It did have some flue requirements on a label but that was it. Any help on this one would be appreciated. I’m not even sure what this is.

Not sure of brand/specifications/etc of the unit you have photographed. Have yet to come across one on my inspections.

2 Likes

Good info Junior, Thanks. I’ve only seen one of those and, to be honest, it’s been so long ago I’ve forgotten most of it.

1 Like

Yes thanks for the info. My big concern is all the ones I looked up online have the burners enclosed. When in the basement the pilot and burners are all right there and exposed. Even water heaters have a guard so the flames are not exposed. This just seams like it’s missing something. I am labeling it to be more throughly inspected by a master plumbing and heating contractor who is more Familiar with this set up. As I can’t find a manufacturer on the unit. That also makes me think a cover is missing. Who don’t put there company name on the unit…

1 Like

advise client of a known safety hazard for the inebriated & all others
unless permanent waffle searing scars are appreciated as a right of passage
don’t ask how i know this

1 Like

Did you pull up the floor grate and check inside? If I remember the data plate or label is located on the inside.

1 Like

OUCH! :astonished: :scream_cat:

They do put a warning on them. You’ll probably see it after you burn your feet!

1 Like

Haha! Nice place to put the warning sticker!