Gas water heater question

Does anyone know if gas water heaters have a safety cutout on the gas valve that trips at a certain water temperature?

I know electric ones have trip devices on the thermosat/contactors.
This is why the TPR valves do not see much excitement during their lifespan.

A Watts 210 valve is a gas shut-off that operates if the heater reaches 210 degrees.

Is that what you are referring to?



If you run into a Watt 210, be sure that there is a manually operated pressure release valve somewhere in the hot water line. Check the manufacturer’s website for more information.

Must be automatic, not manually operated.

I don’t see the watts type around here.

I was referring to a possible feature built into the control valve on newer units.

I stand corrected. Here is manufacturer’s spec sheet.