Hey Everybody
I saw this yesterday the AC/Furnace were on the outside of the house in a small addition built for that reason. The problem is that the vents now run through the garage attic through the fire wall into the main house attic. Is this OK?
Yea I think that it was someone trying to flip this place. The electrical in this pic was nice compared to the rest of the house I dont think that anything was done right.
The ceiling is drywalled. Does that create the proper firebreak? I talked to my HVAC guy and he said that it is really common here (first time I have seen it) and that as long as the vent passing through is metal that it is ok because it wont carry a flame but he talking about commercial property and couldn’t give me a straight answer about residential.
If the ceiling was intact that was not a fire wall, Ok so how many of you have seen fire rated pull down stairs, I have only seen two. The AHJ is on the fence with this but I right it up every time.