Google sabotage

Does anyone else experience this type of fraudulent misrepresentation committed by Google/Alphabet? Nowhere in the reviews for my company does any customer say that I delivered a report “within 48 hours”. The reports are always delivered to the customer the next day, and usually before noon. Google also continuously omits the phrase “Over 30 years experience”, although I repeatedly enter the information into their template. Google Sucks.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks, JR. I didn’t see that. But I did the inspection on a Saturday and told the customer I needed until Monday to get the written report to him. I’ll have to ask the customer to revise the review- since Google has a penchant for choosing exactly the wrong statement out of the middle of a review.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Sounds like a great review. Just goes to show you’re thorough, and some reports can take longer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What sucks, is when a client leaves a review, and Google removes them or don’t allow it to post.

I contacted Google, and their reply was “Sometimes, our algorithms report and remove legitimate reviews. We can’t reinstate these reviews. These measures help ensure that reviews on Google properties are relevant, helpful, and trustworthy.”

Here’s the review, client sent me a screenshot from his end…

4 Likes

I have had several of those. Got the same response from Google when I enquired. Bunch of crap…

2 Likes

Great review. Google should be brought down to Earth, and made to play on a level playing field. Their “algorithm” seems to be nothing more than the ether of their bias in favor of Wall Street franchises, against small independent businesses. And ironically they blame everything on their “algorithm”; but they claim it’s for the greater good.

1 Like

I’m sure the code to fix the “algorithm” is stuck in the supply chain back-log… :roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you suddenly paid into one of their ad campaigns, all your review problems would fade away.

3 Likes

I paid them over $900 for the first 3 months of this year for ads, but haven’t gotten jack-shot for it.

1 Like

That’s called censorship. It’s for their Greater Good.

Can’t live with or without them…

1 Like

To Google, the “Greater Good” is for their company and the other communications oligarchies not to be broken up (as Trump had started threatening before he was removed). Or, as JFK had promised (regarding the CIA), “splinter them into a thousand pieces”.

Yep - no matter how much you spend, someone is always spending more.

1 Like

Yep. And it heaps on more injury when they skew your talking points and your reviews to your disadvantage.

It’s all ran by algorithms and artificial intelligence. The reason Google probably picked out that statement to feature is that it contained the words “inspection” and “report.” Both of those words are words Google associates with your GMB profile. This is why it has become very complicated to advertise on the internet. It’s all about associations, keywords, and a multitude of other factors the average person cannot possibly keep track of.

2 Likes

Ah, come on… I got three emails just today from someone promising the top spot so it can’t be that complicated. Let me know if you want their info :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Curious…Why does everyone have 30 year’s experience? The other day I met an HVAC technician that had 30 years experience and he was 35 years old. Hmmm…I’d like a 15 year technician.

1 Like

At least he was not 25! He started young – his, single-parent, father would take him on service calls when he was only 5 years old!

PS: okay, im going to let you in on a little secret, tradesman are like fisherman, they catch a 5 inch minnow and tell all their beer buddies they caught a 4 foot, 40lb, monster! Just the way it goes.

This always makes me laugh when it comes to home inspectors… they all LOVE to brag about all their time working on houses. Uh huh, and your time doing it is what keeps me in business I love to tell them.

I’ve joked that I want to put this on my website: “I’ve been around houses my whole life” :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my case, I’ll be 70 years old in June. I started working on construction sites when I was 11. And I started doing home inspections for a fee when I was also a state-certified real estate appraiser in 1989.
And Google is everyone’s problem, perhaps second only to the CIA.